Can unaccompanied minors cruise? HELP ! !

LLSullie

RCCI Rule right from their website.

Can unaccompanied minors cruise?

Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa (if required) or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child.

Effective July 1, 2005 guests under the age of 21 must be booked in a stateroom with an adult who is 21 years or older. A parent or legal guardian must accompany guests under the age of 18 and must be booked in the same or adjacent stateroom. Acceptable proof will be required. These restrictions may be waived at our discretion where applicable.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am traveling with an 18 yr old that isn't mine. Do I need a parent letter or not? I've received 3 different answers from customer service ... :( :mad: :cool:

1. Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them. He is not a minor child.

2. A parent or legal guardian must accompany guests under the age of 18. He is not under 18.

I see no problem.

If you are still worried, then just have his parents sign and notarize something saying he can go with you.

1. Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them. He is not a minor child.

2. A parent or legal guardian must accompany guests under the age of 18. He is not under 18.

I see no problem.

If you are still worried, then just have his parents sign and notarize something saying he can go with you.

Agreed, however RCCL doesn't see it that way, at least two of their reps don't. UGH! Unfortunately a letter from his parents is not possible. I'm going to wing it. I'll print this off of their site. They can try to keep me off this cruise ;)

I'm sure we'll be fine

This is my understanding on it....

He's 18, so you don't need permission from his parents to take him along. However, if he wants to drink or gamble (okay on RCCL at age 18), he does need permission for that. Not sure if that permission needs to come from you or the parents.

Archived