uk travellers cancelled cruises

ukfunppl

Hi

Unfortunately we have had a couple of cruises cancelled 1st April and 13th May, due to health reasons it is most unlikely we will be able to have another cruise, we are therefore opting for cash refund, we booked via a large UK Cruise travel agent and it seems as though no body wants to speak to us we have been on a list for a call back for several weeks have any of my fellow UK cruisers had any problems with their UK Travel agents? any tips on how to get them to speak to us?

I book direct with X, but when they cancelled the sailings (ours were the 1st and 21st April), there was a link to where you could register for a refund as opposed to a FCC, and this applied to both guests who had booked direct and those booked through a TA. I believe there was a cut off date by which you had to apply. You may have missed the one for your first sailing but may be OK for your later one.

Check the FAQ on the website, link below.

https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C&_ga=2.49861166.943010601.1587833965-1184294422.1494081839

Edited by downsmead

48 minutes ago, ukfunppl said:

Hi

Unfortunately we have had a couple of cruises cancelled 1st April and 13th May, due to health reasons it is most unlikely we will be able to have another cruise, we are therefore opting for cash refund, we booked via a large UK Cruise travel agent and it seems as though no body wants to speak to us we have been on a list for a call back for several weeks have any of my fellow UK cruisers had any problems with their UK Travel agents? any tips on how to get them to speak to us?

if you paid by credit card speak to them and see what joy you get.  We have just had our June cruise cancelled, also booked through an agent. If we don’t find the agent playing ball we will definitely be looking to our credit card company to reimburse us. We in the U.K are covered by Atol and as such should, under the agreement, be given a refund by 14 days after the trip is cancelled. But these are not normal times and as such Atol are saying refunds may take up to 90 days to be received. Good luck.

Edited by Brits 2006

Have you tried other options to contact the TA? Using social media sometimes produces a response, you could try a message via fb, this has worked for me for a non- cruise related query, and I have also had Celebrity answer a query using this medium. I presume an email or a telephone call elicits no response either. 
It is so frustrating when you cannot get to speak to anyone.

My TA did I hope do the paperwork on our cancelled 13 April cruise but didn’t want to cancel my August cruise When I spoke to them earlier in the month and again this week. As I’m in the extremely vulnerable shielding category (I am well but in remission from a blood cancer) we won’t be able to take the cruise in August and I cannot see our UK government lifting the restrictions for extremely vulnerable people. Final payment for this cruise is due next month. In the end this week after the telephone conversation I emailed my TA and also sent them a letter cancelling the cruise, additionally I emailed a copy of the letter to Celebrity Captains Club who rang me yesterday to say although the TA has to cancel the cruise they have noted my file and there will be no issues when I don’t make the final payment. TAs are snowed under as its all cruise line cancellations they are dealing with and most staff are working from home. But lack of communication as to where the process is at is worrying.

I reached out to 'Celebrity UK' on Twitter yesterday, on a completely unrelated subject to yours. Within 15 minutes I had a response and was asked to contact them by Direct Message, which I did. I had very good back and forth correspondence and outcome that way. I am new to Twitter, but it was certainly easier than trying to make contact by phone and I would certainly do it again if necessary.

So maybe it would be a way to get in touch with your UK Cruise travel agent. Just a thought.

Edited by laslomas

thank you all for your responses, very helpful (sorry unable to respond individually) , I will try the suggestions offered, you may

be interested to know

I completed the Celebrity form requesting cash refund and received email with credit voucher

contacted travel agent by telephone, email and chat with more or less same response I will put you down on the list for 

someone to ring back