LIVE from the Maasdam

davedawn

Live from the Maasdam

We're on the last sea day before returning to port.

The cruise was quite successful. We had a bit of roughness on the first sea day out and are experiencing some roughtness this morning. Unfortunately, high seas prevented our stop in Half Moon Cay. Otherwise, our ports of call were great. The weather was very pleasant, except for some raininess in St. Kitts. However, it didn't stop us from snorkeling, and the rain stopped in time for shoppers to venture out, although there were limited shops open because it was Sunday. St. Kitts, however, was probably the most beautiful of our stops.

We had no engine problems. I heard of one room flooding, but the occupants took it with very good nature, despite the fact that they were travelling with children (among the very few onboard).

All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I hope those of you who follow will have as great a time as we have.

Want to see photos?

http://www.dawndave.com/cruise06/cruise06.asp

Great to hear that the Maasdam came through for you and that you had a great cruise. I really enjoyed your pictures as the on board pictures refreshed my memories of our wonderful cruise on the Maasdam at Christmas. Wish we were still on board.

How good to hear you had such a great cruise.

We were on Volendam and were to stop at HMC the same day as you and had to miss it, as well, due to rough seas. (Hope it makes you feel better to know it wasn't only your ship :) ) Enjoy the time you left aboard that pretty ship.

Thanks for posting while aboard. It's always fun to read 'live from aboard' reports.

Hi: Thanks for the information. We will be on the Maasdam on 3/14 and were were wondering how they were doing with their engine problems. Good to hear that everything went well. We had to miss Half Moon on one of our other cruises because of bad weather..Have a safe trip home.

SO glad you are having a good time! THANKS for posting & sharing your photos...they are GREAT!

Have you met Shy? How about Roland (a lido cook)?

Good to hear the ship has fixed their motor problems.

Pat

Pat,

I'm not sure if we met Roland or not but Shy, absolutely, and that is one thing he definitely is Not! We enjoyed his tray distributing antics every day!

Archived