NCL is no longer offering refunds for cancelled cruises

BenDover

16 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Yes looks like the end for NCL unless the Donald bails them out, the FCC will be worth zero but some cheap ships available but of course no one will want them!

MSC would want them at a fire sale. They would be more interested in the Home ports so they can have a larger US presence.

FCC is not worthless if you have a cruise booked with it and an insurance policy that covers financial default and has been in force 14 days prior to a filing.

Steve

On 4/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, BenDover said:

I will try to keep this short and as factual as possible without editorial:

I booked a cruise for me and my two grandsons ages 13 and 11. The cruise was scheduled for May 22.

I paid the entire amount on my credit card. NCL cancelled the cruise and sent me a notification that I could receive FCCs or a refund.

Took about a week for FCC to post. Was expecting a credit of $2,024.56 ($1,619.65, the amount I paid, and $323.9, 25% offer). The credit that showed up on my page was $767.06.

Called NCL with intent to book an Alaska cruise for myself (no grandsons) for next May using the $2,024.56. But first we needed to figure out the difference in the FCC. I was told that I am only entitled to my portion of the cruise fare. The rest of the credits belong to my grandsons and I can't use them.

What?! "Can those credit be transferred to me since I'm the one who paid for the Cruise" Nope!!

"So you gave the credits I paid for to two minor children who did not pay a penny" Yep!

"They can't go because they will be in school. What are my options" Nothing at this time!

"Are you telling me that my only option is to create a log-in for each of them and to request a refund" WE ARE NOT OFFERING REFUNDS AT THIS TIME!!

"I need to speak to a supervisor".

Supervisor comes on. Is totally unconcerned, unsympathetic, detached and cold.

I keep calm. Tell her how much I love NCL Cruises. Explain I am trying to support them by booking a future cruise.

No doing. No full FCC. No refund.

Tell her I am disappointed in how she is handling the situation and she starts YELLING AT ME!

By the way the letter that they emailed about the cancellation has a hyperlink to request a refund. That link no longer works.

Also the website no longer has a link to the refund request it had a few days ago.

I had no choice but to dispute the charges with my credit card company.

I really loved the NCL cruises I have been on and I want to support them. But the future does not look good.

The link is open today for refund requests

On 4/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, BenDover said:

I will try to keep this short and as factual as possible without editorial:

I booked a cruise for me and my two grandsons ages 13 and 11. The cruise was scheduled for May 22.

I paid the entire amount on my credit card. NCL cancelled the cruise and sent me a notification that I could receive FCCs or a refund.

Took about a week for FCC to post. Was expecting a credit of $2,024.56 ($1,619.65, the amount I paid, and $323.9, 25% offer). The credit that showed up on my page was $767.06.

Called NCL with intent to book an Alaska cruise for myself (no grandsons) for next May using the $2,024.56. But first we needed to figure out the difference in the FCC. I was told that I am only entitled to my portion of the cruise fare. The rest of the credits belong to my grandsons and I can't use them.

What?! "Can those credit be transferred to me since I'm the one who paid for the Cruise" Nope!!

"So you gave the credits I paid for to two minor children who did not pay a penny" Yep!

"They can't go because they will be in school. What are my options" Nothing at this time!

"Are you telling me that my only option is to create a log-in for each of them and to request a refund" WE ARE NOT OFFERING REFUNDS AT THIS TIME!!

"I need to speak to a supervisor".

Supervisor comes on. Is totally unconcerned, unsympathetic, detached and cold.

I keep calm. Tell her how much I love NCL Cruises. Explain I am trying to support them by booking a future cruise.

No doing. No full FCC. No refund.

Tell her I am disappointed in how she is handling the situation and she starts YELLING AT ME!

By the way the letter that they emailed about the cancellation has a hyperlink to request a refund. That link no longer works.

Also the website no longer has a link to the refund request it had a few days ago.

I had no choice but to dispute the charges with my credit card company.

I really loved the NCL cruises I have been on and I want to support them. But the future does not look good.

You paid for a cruise, they cancelled the cruise.  You are entitled to a refund.  I haven't read this whole thread but I bet there are a lot of NCL cheerleaders who are telling you it's your fault, read the fine print, etc. They are wrong and ignore them.  Initiate a dispute with your credit card company.

• Like 2