Price of 4th passenge toddler) in cabin

babytraveler

Hi. I'm not the one who booked our trip, so I don't know... Do any of you?

On HAL, how is the pricing for the 4th passenger in the cabin (a 2 year old). Some lines just charge port taxes, others full fare. Does anyone know what the approximate price difference will be between 3 in a cabin vs. 4 in a cabin?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to my HAL Alaska brochure, age 2 and above are charged 3/4 person rates. You need to contact your booking agent and determine the price, but it is not just the port taxes. And if you are looking to add that 4th person do it NOW. There are limits.

Not sure about HAL. I just got off the Oosterdam but did not take my kids. I am currently looking at cruises to book one in May that they will be coming. I could tell you it varies by lines. I have paid practically nothing at times for the 3rd and 4th, while other lines want almost full price. During a family reunion one time I had that situation. I booked adjoining cabins and basically had two cabins for what they were going to charge me to have the two kids in with me. This way we had two bathrooms and a room where anyone could sleep while others watched TV or whatever in the other one. Ask your TA if any lines are running specials. Often I took them for $74 plus port fees. While I don't care for Carnival, my kids do. They get to pick the one for May. I am taking them by myself (so 3 in the cabin). My son who is 14 will cost about $400 as the third. Look around if you are able.

Mary

Archived