Anyone on Magica 3/26/06

stowawaykc

Chris and I are devistated, We just learned today that she had to have emergency surgery this afternoon. Everything turned out fine, but she is not allowed to travel for a week. No cruise for us!

We booked this cruise, and have been watching and reading these threads for the past 3 months. To find out 2 days before we are supposed to leave has crushed us.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone, I feel as though we know each other.

We recently purchased the trip insurance through Costa, but I am expecting the usual run-around trying to put in a claim. We are hoping to just postpone for a week or 2, until Chris can get around a little better, but will have to see what our TA can do for us.

At this point, I believe Chris' sister Doris is still going. She booked totaly seperate from us, and probably would have a hard time cancelling this late without losing all of her $$. So if you happen to meet "Doris from Ohio", Have a drink with her and ask about her favorite Brother-in-law. She is a lot of fun, and I might add, Quite the "dancer" when there is a live band playing.

I don't know if I can bring myself to watching the web cams next week.

Whatever happens, I will keep watching the posts, hoping to read some fantastic reviews the week you return.

Jordan, I want to see lots of pictures!

Mark, Denise & Antonio, Hoist a Mimosa & A Bloody Mary for me in

Key West.

Everyone, Have a Great cruise!

Until we meet again on these boards,

Take care,

Kurt

Hey Kurt, Sorry to hear about Chris' surgery, hope she makes a quick recovery and you can reschedule your cruise soon. I can't believe the bad timing. but it's great to hear that you bought trip insurance. Hope you get rescheduled before Costa repositions the Magica and Med back to the Mediterranean this spring.

Hi Kurt - Karen and I were so sorry to hear about Chris's surgery. Glad to hear she is going to be alright - that's the good news - heck that is the best news. We will look for Doris ( you know the red ribbon deal that did not go over really big with most males :confused: ) We will think about you folks and wish you were will us. However, you will be on a cruise after we get home - that could make us all a bit envious!!!! Take care - we will miss you.

Sharon & Karen

Wow...

I am also sorry to hear that you will be missing this cruise.

I will take a bunch of pictures. I will try to post here from the ship but I don't know if my connection card will work out at sea.

Jordan

We were just wondering if anyone was on the same cruise with us who might be able to give some insight on things they may have learned about the cruise.

Look forward to hearing from you...:)

I am 58 and single and will be traveling with my aunt who is an active 70-ish. Look forward to all the ship has to offer. I guess there will be a "meet and mingle" somewhere. Only a few days to go, can't wait. This will be my 35th cruise, however, the first on a Costa ship.

Mary Ann

I am traveling with my aunt. I am 58 and single, she is an active 70-ish. We are looking forward to all the ship has to offer, as well as the ports. This will be my 35th cruise, but the first on a Costa ship. Can't wait, only a few more days

Kurt and Chris, so sorry to hear that you will not be cruising with us on this trip.........Hope that chris has a speedy recovery and you are both soon cruising in the carib........we were so looking forward to talking Ohio.....I was raised in Columbus, Alan in Cincinnati....I went to BG and Alan went to OSU ag branch in Wooster.......small world huh.....take care and hope you can wear your orange ball cap for the meet and greet on your next trip!!!!!

To all the others going to Hogs Breath......we will be there.......I am the short haired middle aged guy with the "puka" necklace......I always wear it in the keys!!!!!!

Betsy and Alan

Hey does anyone have the phone # for the ship? I want to leave it with family just in case they need to contact me...I tried the Costa website and I think I figured it out, but not sure. 011.874.764.029.390 ?? Anyone?

Kurt and Chris, so sorry to hear about your medical emergency. Take care of yourself Chris and heal well. Kurt, you've done a great job with this thread and was looking forward to meeting you both. Hope you both get a chance in the very near future to cruise the Magica.

Take care and be well!!

Kathy & Thom

Bon Voyage, and Happy, Safe travels for everyone!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Here is an update on our plans:

Because of the fire on the Princess last week, and subsequent cancellation of the 3/26 cruise from FL, There is an extremley high demand for cruises right now.

The whole month of April is crazy trying to book out of that port.

We could never come close to getting the price we did for this cruise, on any ship. No help coming from the TA because they are making a ton of $$ during this "rush".

I think we are going to try to fly down to Ft lauderdale on Tues or Wed of next week, the flight prices seem reasonable if we leave during an off peak time. We have a friend who owns a condo in Pompano, and is willing to let use use it during this week. As long as Chris feels up to it, we can just spend 5 or 6 days hanging out at the near-by beaches. Chris was released from the hospital today, and is feeling better already, (Thanks again for all of the well wishes!) so we will keep our fingers crossed, and hope for the best. It will sure beat the Ohio weather at any rate.

Maybe we will catch the ship coming back to port on Sunday, and have an opportunity to slap you on your sunburned backs! :eek:

Have a GREAT time everyone!!!

Don't weep for us, We fully realize that if this had happened 1 week later, the circumstances could have been much worse!

We will really anticipate our next cruise, and appreciate it that much more when we do get on board.

Take care all!

Kurt

That sucks that you are not able to get a cruise. I would have thought that you would be able to get a cheape cruise so close to booking. The cabins would be limited though. I am sitting in the airport right now waiting for our flight from NY to West Palm beach. I will check in later tonight when we get there.

The trip begins now.

Jordan

Dear all, thought I would see if anyone is idle right now and might be on the boards. We have just finished the majority of our packing and are taking a "break" before we rev up again to do more......Kurt, I am so sorry that we miss-identified you as the "man with the orange hat yesterday" we were looking for the roll-call that you wrote, and discovered that that would be mark not you!!!!! you know the memory is the first to go.....after the body anyway......but, I digress.....hope everyone is ready and pumped to have a Wonderful time.....Kurt, that goes for you and Chris in Pompano......it is beautiful here in FLa today.......see you all soon......can't wait for Hogs Breath......it's like going home!!!!! Travel safely!

Betsy and Alan.

Bon Voyage from joetrizeo!

safe and fun travels everyone! I will be at home/work watching your trip through the web cams all week long! i look forward to hearing your stories when you return! wish i was going!

Kurt & chris : i feel for you guys, best of luck!

-Jim

Place: Top Deck (Mantegna Deck) in the Lido Maratea/Palinuro area (aft section) which looks upon the large pool with the water slide. That is the same deck as the tennis court. Time: 2:30 PM Date: Monday 27th. Identification: a red ribbon on our person so we know each other.

Monday: The Hogs Breath at 11:00 am

I beleive that this is the information for the meets.

I am sure that most people are traveling right now. Have a nice trip.

Jordan

Hi everyone,

We are sitting in the airport in Toronto Ontario Canada, waiting for our flight to Florida. Can't wait. We get in around 1:30pm and then it's off to the ship.

We had to overnight in Halifax, nova scotia Canada last night. We will get there eventually........and let the fun times begin. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Maria and Steve

Well we are in Ft Lauderdale Port right now and I just wanted to Welcome everyone home ( well not home yet but you get what I mean) The cruise was great fun!! No complaints about the ship. I have updated the Photoz on the Webshot Photoz. I will add more when I get home. Please let me know if anyone wants any particular place on ship and I will see if I took one of that place.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548864484xzkcCL

It was nice to meet everyone. I also know that there were people on board that we did not meet. So feel free to sign-in and let us know.

Again Welcome Back.

Jordan

Jordon your pics are Excellent! Thanks!

I assume you are using a digital camera with an underwater containment apparatus?

What cam do you have and what do you use for the underwater shots?

You took some some shots from the front of the boat. Was that from your room or from walking there. If it was from walking there, was it from a 'crew only' area? It appears so, because that was the area we were asked to leave from when we were eventually found. Did you find it on your own or use my instructions.

Safe travels back home.

-Jim

Well we are finally home. it only took 12 hours to get from FL to NY. We were able to get an earlier flight but the pilot forgot to show up for work so we had to wait for him and then we had to wait for a new flight plan since he was late. 1 Hour sitting on the small express plane. Since we switched flights to an earlier time oiur bags must not have found out that we left and must have got put on the later flight. Well I guess on the bright side I did not have to lug the bags home. They will have to bring them to my house now. Maybe they will unpack them for me too.

Jordan

Archived