Anyone on Magica 3/26/06

stowawaykc

Hey everyone! It's great to visit this board and see how many more people are checking in. Thanks Kurt for the Welcome :) We received our travel docs about a week ago and it made my day cuz now I feel like YES, we're really going to sail the Caribbean! It's been about 4 years now since our last cruise. Anyway, to share what Thom and I (Kathy) will be doing in ports...Cozumel- catch a cab to Dzul Ha to snorkel and enjoy a few beverages by the sea, head back to town and a bit of shopping...Ocho Rios-booked a pvt tour to 9Mile, Reggae Beach and more shopping, mostly to stock up on Blue Mtn. Coffee...GC-I think we'll just hang out at Public Beach and KW- nothing really planned yet. Last time we visited GC we visited the StingRays and that was pretty cool. I definately recommend that excursion to those of you that haven't done it before:cool:

I think the idea to meet would be nice, just let us know where you all decide on. Thom and I live in SW FLA(originally from Cape Cod, MA) so I really can't complain about the low temps, although we have had a few cool fronts lately. We are looking forward to temps in the hi 80's;)

Has anybody been to Passion Island-Cozumel?

Thanks, Kathy

Hi All. My wife and I will be traveling with our two sons (8 and 8 months) on this cruise. Looking forward to meeting new friends and the toga party - we've never been. We've cruised on the Grand Princess and the Carnival Paradise, but never the Costa. See ya Soon.:D

The excitment is building. :) Yes, it is the first of March. It is some cold up here in Canada so Karen and I are really, really, really looking forward to the warmth and sunshine. We are particularly anxious to talk to folks who live in Florida because next year we would like to find a place to stay in Florida for a while and then work a cruise in before we return to Canada in the spring. So anyway, we will be happy to meet some Florida folks and chat. I have a question - does anyone know what a "spray on tats on-board" means. I asked about a clothes line in rooms and a response spoke of this. I don't know what it is. Are there any Canadian's on the roll call - I know there are Canadians going because we are on a plane from Ottawa which is full and I believe everyone on the plane will be on the cruise! Looking forward - we are shopping and packing and unpacking and re-packing and unpacking and re-packing;) -- Ha- Ha- Ha Fun, Fun, Fun:)

My family and will be on this cruise too! It will be myself (40), my DH (38), and our two sons (11 & 14). This will be mine and my DH's 4th cruise and the boys second. We are really looking forward to a nice relaxing week. We are from a suburb of Chicago and will be flying down on the 25th.

The excitment is building. :) Yes' date=' it is the first of March. It is some cold up here in Canada so Karen and I are really, really, really looking forward to the warmth and sunshine. We are particularly anxious to talk to folks who live in Florida because next year we would like to find a place to stay in Florida for a while and then work a cruise in before we return to Canada in the spring. So anyway, we will be happy to meet some Florida folks and chat. I have a question - does anyone know what a "spray on tats on-board" means. I asked about a clothes line in rooms and a response spoke of this. I don't know what it is. Are there any Canadian's on the roll call - I know there are Canadians going because we are on a plane from Ottawa which is full and I believe everyone on the plane will be on the cruise! Looking forward - we are shopping and packing and unpacking and re-packing and unpacking and re-packing;) -- Ha- Ha- Ha Fun, Fun, Fun:)[/quote']

Hi there Sharon & Karen. I THINK the spray on tats someone referred to may just be the fake tattoos, like henna or something...just my guess. Never heard of them offered on a cruise ship and I could be way off here anyway:D My fiancee and I live in SW FLA, for about 3.5 years now. What area of FLA were you and your twin interested in? We're between Sarasota and Naples. If you have any ?'s or want to know about this part please feel free to ask here or maybe we'll meet on board!

We'll be crusing "kid-less" and on Spring Break even. Our one & only is married and lives back on the Cape. Maybe next time they'll join us. We're in our 40's...:eek: Just added that as our other cruise mates have shared.

Talk to ya's all later...

Yeah!!!

We received our documents today via USPS Prioity Mail from TA in NJ. I booked through *****.com.

You should all be receiving real soon now.

Twins: If you need a timeshare in Lake Buena Vista FL let me know My in Laws have one.

Jordan

Welcome Soflocastaways and Illinoiscruisers! Glad to hear from more shipmates!

Thanks Jordan for bailing me out on the link, My link did not work for me either.:confused: Glad to hear someone got thier doc's already!:)

Boundforsomewhere, We will have to get together for a drink to celebrate our "kid-less-ness":)

No offense to everyone bringing kids, Part of me would like to bring them, But the other part of me said "not this time".

We will take them on our June vacation, This one is for us.

Another day closer!

Kurt

Good Morning:) Bound4somewhere - thanks for your response re: SW Florida between Naples and Sarasoda. Also, Jordan - the time share idea seems good but did not realize you could get it for 2-3 months. We don't know anything about time shares. We will be interested to talk with Florida folks on board. We must plan and meet and greet. Time is marching on and still don't know where all the Canadians are who are leaving from Ottawa. Oh well!!:confused: The temps seem really good and right now our ship is docked at Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Wow! We bought a backpack yesterday at wal-mart and a tide pen. We getting ready!!!:)

Sharon & Karen

Hey wardidaho what are your plans for Saturday at Ft. Lauderdale, we are driving south to Miami, to the Seaquarium there. Our oldest has been dying to see manatees, not many in Tennesse you know.

We don't have anything planned yet. Being from Idaho, we may just hang around the beaches and our hotel pool and enjoy the "expected to be perfect" FL weather :D We also need to stock up on some shipboard supplies that day to fill up that empty suitcase we're lugging along :rolleyes:

We are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott and hope there might be some fun things close by if anyone has any info or suggestions?? The rest of our group is flying in the afternoon of the 25th so the kids with us at this point are ages 5, 7 & 8 if that helps for age-appropriate ideas. Thanks all :D

My wife and or going on this cruise. This is our first cruise to ever go on. We would like to have any insight information that we can get if possible. We have only been married since July of last year. This is like our honey moon that we didn't have time to take then. We are looking forward in this and we hope we have a great time.

Hi,

My bf and I are cruising this month, and we are very excited. We went on a Princess cruise in August and it was great but we didn't meet anyone. It seemed like everyone kept to themsleves but were very friendly. this time we want to make some new friends.

Any other canadians going on this cruise? We are from Newfoundland.

Does anyone have any idea how much the wine packages are, or if they even exist? Just curious.

VERY EXCITED!!

Good Morning:) Bound4somewhere - thanks for your response re: SW Florida between Naples and Sarasoda. Also' date=' Jordan - the time share idea seems good but did not realize you could get it for 2-3 months. We don't know anything about time shares. We will be interested to talk with Florida folks on board. We must plan and meet and greet. Time is marching on and still don't know where all the Canadians are who are leaving from Ottawa. Oh well!!:confused: The temps seem really good and right now our ship is docked at Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Wow! We bought a backpack yesterday at wal-mart and a tide pen. We getting ready!!!:)

Sharon & Karen[/quote']

Hi there,

I am also canadian and very much looking forward to going somewhere warm. I am sick and tired of shoveling snow. 72 cm last week and it is still coming down. Can't wait to see the sun, and meet some new people.

Some other tips on things to bring would be a homemade first aid kit, (pepto bismal, band-aids, gravol, tylenol, peroxide) things like that.

Also, floaters for the pool or beach ( very expensive to buy at ports), lots of aloe vera, sunscreen ( obviously) and a bag to use to take things to and from room to poolside or port, and a water camera. We take our digital cam and a water cam.

if I think of any other things I will let you know. Your ideas were great as well.

Costa all the way!!

Hi Everyone!,

Less than 3 weeks to go! We have not started packing yet, but we are starting to lay out everything we are taking, going over the packing lists and adding things we keep seeing here.

We still have not booked any excursions, I don't know why we are waiting, just can't seem to pull the trigger on what to commit to! As I have said before in an earlier thread, "If all we do is hit a few beaches, do a little shopping and sightseeing, and have a few drinks, It will be a great vacation."

Welcome to the "crew" SCLINARD, Congratulations on your "delayed" Honeymoon! I can't imagine a better way to celebrate than this!

I hope you have been reading these threads, I wish we could have had access to all of this info before our 1st cruise.

Also, Welcome NEWFCANADA! Alas we are not Canadian, But consider ourselves friendly people, and we are always open to share friendship and goodtimes! Hope to meet you guys on board! BTW, we live in Northern Ohio, just across the puddle from Canada.

Here is a list of the Crew that has posted here so far: (I hope I am not missing anyone)

Stowawaykc- Kurt & Chris

Jphotoz- Jordan/Wife 2 Daughters (6 & 8 yrs old)

Wardidaho- 5 Adults, 5 Kids

Indyjones/wife 2 Daughters (18 & 22 yrs old)

Twins -Karen & Sharon

Flmom/MIL, 2 Sons (7 & 10 yrs old)

Boundforsomewhere

Soflocruisers

Illinioscruisers

Sclinard

Newfcanada

Josh-(sailing the same week on the Costa Med) Wish you were here Brother.:)

To all of the "silent" readers who are also on this cruise, Let us know that you are here! We would love to hear from you!

Take care all!

And, No fair going to the tanning booth before the cruise! I don't want to be the only un-tanned person at embarkation! (although it is supposed to reach 60 degrees here near the end of this week, maybe I can catch some rays myself!);)

Kurt

My wife and I will be the Magica on the 3/26 and we have three other couples who will join us as well. We are all looking have a blast this week and I hope we're not disappointed. We have never been on a cruise. We just got married last July and this is kinda like our honeymoon.

We are also on the Magica on 3-26...my wife, myself and our 10 yr old son.....the excursions are a little lite for grand cayman and cozumel.....we have decided to go on our own in Cozumel and Cayman.....Has anyone ever been to Smiths Cove Beach in Grand Cayman or Paradise Beach in Cozumel.....Look forward to seeing everyone

Hey everyone! just a quick addition to the role call. We are a couple in our early 30's. Have cruised on other lines, but this is the first time with Costa. Reviews have been mixed, but we'll have a great time. DW is such an optomist...........

Hi everyone,

My bf and I just recieved our cruise info yesterday in the mail and needless to say we are very excited and happy now, especially after seeing the excursions. We haven't decided on which, if any, we will do. We went on a cruise in August that stopped in Jamaica and we got off. We didn't like it there, we didn't feel safe. We were thinking that we may not get off there this time, so we may do an excursion there instead, something supervised would probably be better for us, instead of going into town and doing our own thing. Not sure yet. Can't wait to meet some new friends, and have lots of fun.

A little over 2 weeks!!

Hey everyone! just a quick addition to the role call. We are a couple in our early 30's. Have cruised on other lines, but this is the first time with Costa. Reviews have been mixed, but we'll have a great time. DW is such an optomist...........

Hi!! My bf and I have heard mixed reviews as well. But we are thinking the cruise will be great. I am always online looking at reviews and pics of the ship. We can't wait. We are on Giotto deck where there are pools and a buffet. I heard that the water slide that is on our cruise is for children, do you know anything about that?

Thanks

I'm heading out to pick up our cruise documents this afternoon from our TA - yeah they're in! Welcome to all the recent additions ;) This sounds like a fun group :)

We haven't actually booked any excursions yet but will likely only do them in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman (through private co's - not ship).

Hate to admit it but I am working on a base tan before the cruise - I can't handle the glare off my body after a long Idaho winter! :cool:

Our kids are soooo excited - everytime they see the Royal Carribean or Carnival TV ads they jump up and down and say "is that our boat??" - I'm going to have my camera out to catch their "awe" as we arrive to the port, the ships are so much more impressive close up!

Hi,

My bf and I are cruising this month, and we are very excited. We went on a Princess cruise in August and it was great but we didn't meet anyone. It seemed like everyone kept to themsleves but were very friendly. this time we want to make some new friends.

Any other canadians going on this cruise? We are from Newfoundland.

Does anyone have any idea how much the wine packages are, or if they even exist? Just curious.

VERY EXCITED!!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been out of touch... I really need to hurry up and win the state lottery! ;) Work has been a bear lately and our Little League season opener was this past Saturday. Plus, FCATs are in full swing here. For anyone not in Florida - that would be my son's Flroida Comprehensive Assessment Testing. Basically, it's a series of required reading, math and writing tests that span several days and put the entire school system into a frenzy of activity, not to mention stressing out the kids. For the first time ever, my oldest son had test anxiety. Very unusual... He's ready for Spring Break, too!

I just booked our shore excursions tonight and saw the prices on the wine programs. From what I saw there are 2 wine packages to select. They offer a standard one at about $115 US and a "select" one at about $135 US. That's pretty close but I don't remember the precise numbers. Each package includes 5 bottles of wine, 10 bottles of mineral water plus a bottle of Prosecco. For anyone who hasn't tried Prosecco - think of a sparkling wine like Asti Spumanti mixed with a sweet Riesling. It's very, very good. My DH and I spent a week in Venice a few years ago and I have quite fond memories of sipping Prosecco under the stars in St. Mark's Square listening to the orchestras play... but I digress. Anyway - I highly recommend you try it!

Once you get your cruise docs that have your booking number, you can see all of the options and purchase them through the Costa website. I'll admit, though, it wasn't the most user friendly navigation and it took a few days. But it worked well tonight and I was able to finally get everything picked out.:D

Here's what we're doing for the 4 of us (2 kids, me - the mom - and grandma):

General unstructured roaming - Key West

Dolphin Touch Encounter - Cozumel

Dunn's River Falls & Relax at Dolphin Cove - Jamaica

Stingray Observatory & Island Highlights - Grand Cayman

It looks like once you book them you can change them up to a few days before we leave.

Also - we're in West Central Florida, between Clearwater beach and St. Petersburg beach. The weather here this past week has been outstanding. I stole a few hours at the beach on Sunday afternoon, so I must admit that I have a tiny jump up on the tanning.;)

Can't hardly wait!

FLMom (a.k.a. Suzanne)

Hi everyone,

My bf and I just recieved our cruise info yesterday in the mail and needless to say we are very excited and happy now, especially after seeing the excursions. We haven't decided on which, if any, we will do. We went on a cruise in August that stopped in Jamaica and we got off. We didn't like it there, we didn't feel safe. We were thinking that we may not get off there this time, so we may do an excursion there instead, something supervised would probably be better for us, instead of going into town and doing our own thing. Not sure yet. Can't wait to meet some new friends, and have lots of fun.

A little over 2 weeks!!

We have been to the other ports on the Magica's itineray. We felt very safe doing our own thing at Key West, Cozumel and GC. This will be our first time in jamaica, but have heard from others that Jamaia is the port you should not "explore on your own". We are planning a shore excursion offered by the ship, just haven't decided which one yet. The THE SAN SAN YACHT THE DUNN'S RIVER FALLS seems to be in the lead so far. We've been told that climbing the waterfall is a must.

Still Haven't received our cruise docs. Guess I better contact cruise.com. Anyone else bood thru cruise.com and received their docs?

Hi everyone! ...Here's what we're doing for the 4 of us (2 kids, me - the mom - and grandma):

General unstructured roaming - Key West

Dolphin Touch Encounter - Cozumel

Dunn's River Falls & Relax at Dolphin Cove - Jamaica

Stingray Observatory & Island Highlights - Grand Cayman

It looks like once you book them you can change them up to a few days before we leave.

FLMom (a.k.a. Suzanne)

From what I read on the Cozumel board, I thought the location offering the dolphin encounter was still closed due to hurricane damage (Chakanab Park closed until at least April...?) Do you know where they are offering this excursion?? Our kids really wanted to do this but we're planning to do the sting rays in GC instead.

Maybe someone who has recently returned/reviewed can let us know if this is truly available and where they go ;)

Looking forward to our journey!

Archived