Gluten free food at Princess lodges in AK

flamomo

We have a cruisetour in AK booked on the Star for next year.  My adult daughter is gluten intolerant,  and is concerned about the availability of gluten free foods during the land tour portion. Also at the hotel in Anchorage,  the Captain Cook, if anyone has stayed and/or dined there.

Hopefully someone here can help us with this.

Glacier Brewhouse is across the street from Captain Cook in Anchorage:

https://www.glacierbrewhouse.com/menu/ 

Click on the PDF and it specifies gluten free items. 

They own another restaurant near them which I have not been to and they also have a GF menu:

http://www.orsoalaska.com/menu/ 

Not sure if you have been in Alaska previously but I don't think your daughter will have any problems at most places.

Thanks, the Brewhouse menu looks great. and a number of items are available GF.

Now if someone can address the availability at the Princess lodges, we'll be good to go.

There have been some blogs/trip reports people have done which includes menus at the lodges. I think there was a Connosier (sp?) tour that someone did and took pictures of every menu at the restaurant lodges they ate at.

WE did a cruisetour 5 years ago with Princess. We had a lunch only stop at McKinley Princess Lodge. I was very happy that they had a GF lunch sack ready for me!  They were handing our lunch sacks as we entered, and I asked if they had GF and they had my name or #, something, and had one ready for me. So, be sure you have told Princess before the cruise, that she needs GF meals. 

We stayed at Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge.  Meals were on our own there. I don't remember where we ate, but I did eat, so there must've been places close by that had GF foods.  

I recall there was.  The menus for each lodge are usually in PDF under amenities here:  https://www.princesslodges.com/princess-alaska-lodges/denali-lodge/denali-amenities/ .  I have usually been able to find them at any time of year but they seem to have been taken down for now.  You might want to check from time to time to see if they have been added back.

Thanks for the replies. 

Knowing that Princess provides for GF options in the dining rooms and the buffet. I have to believe that there would be the similar options at the Princess lodges.

When we get closer to our cruise, I will utilize the above link to check the menus.