Carnival Breeze - August 10, 2020 from Port Canaveral

undertoes10

On 5/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, undertoes10 said:

What is the gut feeling from everyone on the probability of this ship sailing?  It's the second cruise out.  If they find people sick on the Aug 1 sailing, will they cancel this one?  We will have driven 8 hours to FL before they will know for us to be denied boarding?

We are from SC and not in a Hot Spot.  What States are you are from?  Concerned that since not many Carnival ships are sailing within driving distance, that many hot spot states will be on board.  

Thoughts?

That is an interesting question. What happens when cruise lines do sail August 1, 2020 is anybody's guess. Personally I think cruising in August is to soon. I'm going on the Horizon 10/31/2020 maybe that is to soon also but it depends what happens when cruise lines start sailing again. 

On 5/12/2020 at 5:24 PM, teampayne said:

We we're due on the 22nd of August sailing which we've now cancelled and transferred to the Mardi Gras the following August. When I called to cancel I was told my cruise was in fact a 'paused cruise' and given the $600 OBC in addition to my cruise being transferred.

How long ago did you do this? And was your cruise booked directly through Carnival or with a TA?  Sorry for the questions, we are on the Aug. 8th sailing and not comfortable cruising at this time.

We are booked on a cruise on Radiance in December (2020).  (We are very curious how the refurb is going, obviously.)

If cruising starts in August as planned, either our cruise will go ahead because the logistics of minimizing coronavirus has been successful, or our cruise will be canceled because it all fell down a well.

An element to how dangerous things will be in the future is unfortunately relatively unknown: the prevalence of the virus currently in the population with people not showing symptoms, or who had some symptoms but recovered without being tested.  That unknown "herd immunity" (bit of a misnomer, IMHO) may be very important.

Once American "society" has fully opened up by end of June, say, (minus schools, apparently), it should be pretty clear whether this is going to be an on-going concern with wave upon wave, or die back to a "dull roar" in the background.  (Not minimizing the loss of life at all.  Just that eventually people get inured to such continual issues, like the annual flu season.)

Unfortunately, the first few cruises really will be somewhat of an experimental group: can 3000 to 4000 people (pax and crew) mingle in a relatively enclosed space and not have significant breakouts?  And the "test" has to happen eventually (or not at all).  Hopefully the precautions made by crew and pax will be sufficient, and cruising will continue to be an enjoyable pastime for us all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arste said:

How long ago did you do this? And was your cruise booked directly through Carnival or with a TA?  Sorry for the questions, we are on the Aug. 8th sailing and not comfortable cruising at this time.

No problem at all! we did this last week and had originally booked directly through carnival.

13 minutes ago, teampayne said:

No problem at all! we did this last week and had originally booked directly through carnival.

Thanks for the info.  Really appreciate it!

We were supposed to be on the June 28th sailing on the Magic which was supposed to be the first one back after the initial cancellations. That one got canceled and we just rebooked August 1st for the Magic which will be the first one after the most recent cancellations. I have confidence that these sailings will go. They were purposeful about the ships they picked as the ports they will visit have said they will be open.