Special "Drink of the Day" cups

bigfern

Can we bring the special cups from a previous cruise on-board, or do they use certain cups for certain boats. I have several from a recent cruise that I would like to refill at a reduced rate if possible.

Just make sure that they;re from the same cruise line, LOL.

i have real glass ones from the festivale from 10yrs ago. i make killer mai tai's in them all the time

I have several from the Festivale too. I really liked that ship even though it was small. I have both the tall glasses as well as the shorter round ones! I guess they are a collectors item now!

OK OK... sorry 'bout that... never saw any green ones.... musta been really drunk or something... nope, no green glasses.... don't waste your time. ;) (hoping I will get all the green ones!)

I have two styles of clear ones... there's the usual 'hurricane' style, then there's the kind that's wide at the top and tapers down, it's taller and more slender than the hurricane... I think of it as a beer glass :confused:

I've lost count of how many we have now... I just stash 'em in the cabinet and use them when I'm having my 'foo-foo' drinks at home. :D

. . . but I have one more question: how many regular drinks does it take to fill one souvenir glass? If it's 2 to 1, then the price to refill the souvenir glass is a good deal. However, if it's 1 to 1, then I'll just leave my glasses at home and buy "normal" drinks.

Has anyone performed this comparison study before?

. . . but I have one more question: how many regular drinks does it take to fill one souvenir glass? If it's 2 to 1, then the price to refill the souvenir glass is a good deal. However, if it's 1 to 1, then I'll just leave my glasses at home and buy "normal" drinks.

Has anyone performed this comparison study before?

Fern-- yes i did.. Ya have to remember I have no life outside of cruising.

I did my comparisson before the price changed.. I dont think the drink of the day is still 2.95 (and if it is even if its smaller it would be the better deal- But i think they went up to 3.95 now)

ok- a reg drink of the day is 7 oz for 2.95

a refil in the sovernier cup is 4.75 and its 14.5 oz. (please add the 15% gratuity to these prices.) You can get a non alcolhic one for a dollar cheaper.

By getting a refill you are saving $1.00 instead of buying two smaller drinks.

I have 5 different style Carnival drink glasses. The short fat Bandy type, A real tall tapered frosted Beer glass type, and three huricane type -clear-pink-yellow. None have a carnival ship name. Just the logo. Im on a quest now to try and find that green one.

My g/f doesn't drink but wanted a few glasses as souvenirs. Of course, she was too embarassed to grab used ones herself, so I just strolled around the deck when the crew was cleaning up after a sea day. I got a highball class, some yellows, some pinks, and some clears. Cheap memories. :)

:rolleyes: I'm sorry I'm a bit slow today but...the last cruise I was on the first day, drink of the day was a bannana thing. I'm not a bannana fan and assumed you had to buy a new glass, new drink every day. So I never did.

Let me say that again...can I use my day one refill glass on day three? Or in order to get the reduced price I need to buy a new glass on day three?? :eek: Did I explain this right? Duhhhhh

You can use your drink glass any day of the week to get the refill price. Some of you may think I'm crazy (or cheap), but I have brought my hurricane glasses on the last three cruises and used them for the discounted refills. Serves two purposes -- one, I get the discount even on my very first drink. Two, I get that one hurricane glass out of the cupboard where the logo is already starting to wear off. I come home with a brand new one!

Determined to get some green ones on the next cruise!

Yep I agree with Cruzinwoman, they green are rare!!! I have clear, bright yellow, and hot pink, NEVER EVER seen a darn green one!!!

Now I'm on a mission to seek out the green cup next week!!!

Just kidding...there must have been an excess of these on my last cruise because I have a few! I jokingly mentioned bringing them back and my youngest daughter got mad and said we needed new ones!:cool:

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

That's a good thing to see!! BUT.... where is my "kiss on the lips"?? I don't see it mentioned anywhere! Hope they still make them. Absolutely fabulous!!

MMMMM Kiss on the Lips. Yep. They still make them. I have never seen them on the menu. I think it's just one you have to ask for.

...but I have brought my hurricane glasses on the last three cruises and used them for the discounted refills. Serves two purposes -- one, I get the discount even on my very first drink. Two, I get that one hurricane glass out of the cupboard where the logo is already starting to wear off. I come home with a brand new one!

Can you explain further... are you saying that Carnival doesn't just refill a hurricane glass, but actually exchanges your glass with a warn off logo for a new one that has the logo...? How does this work?

Can you explain further... are you saying that Carnival doesn't just refill a hurricane glass, but actually exchanges your glass with a warn off logo for a new one that has the logo...? How does this work?

Yes - you hand them your dirty glass and they will return with a fresh, clean glass with the drink of the day (or whatever you're ordering) in it. They won't just refill your dirty cup -- that's probably against some health code or something.

I have to say that none of my Carnival glasses have had the logo completely wear away -- they are still identifiable as a Carnival glass. I don't know that Carnival would accept just a blank hurricane glass, so I don't think I would try that! :)

Kiss on the Lips:

2 oz. Bourbon

6 oz. apricot nectar

That's it. The perfect drink for the funnel deck:)

I wish that is how they made them on Carnival... they girlify it a bit much :p But the recipe you posted how a REAL kiss on the lips is made!!

I wish that is how they made them on Carnival... they girlify it a bit much :p But the recipe you posted how a REAL kiss on the lips is made!!

That's so funny. I actually took the recipe from a thread titled

"How Does Carnival Make The Following Drinks"!

Kiss On The Lips was the 12th post on the thread.

Now I'm really confused:(

That's so funny. I actually took the recipe from a thread titled

"How Does Carnival Make The Following Drinks"!

Kiss On The Lips was the 12th post on the thread.

Now I'm really confused:(

If it is the same one I have seen before, someone later posted that it wasn't the recipe Carnival uses... they use some sort of Mango "mix" and a few other things... they don't quite taste the same as a typical kiss on the lips you would get in a bar around here... but still quite good!!!

Archived