Special "Drink of the Day" cups

bigfern

sounds like a good idea, would be interested in finding out also. Our last cruise as we were leaving the ship someone left 6 of them out in the hallway DH scooped them up and put them in the dirty laundry suitcase. They went through the dishwasher many times lol they are great for out near the pool!!

I'm sure you could. They are all the same (or have been on all our Carnival cruises).

Do you really want to have to pack and carry them though to save just a few dollars? All you really have to do is just pay full price for the first one and use that cup during your cruise??

Yes, you could bring a glass with you. They have the clear ones, hot pink ones, bright yellow ones, and cool green ones. I have several in each color except for green.

I agree with the above post, why pack an empty glass? The first drink will run you $6.25 or $6.50. The refills are $4.25 or $4.50... you'll save two bucks. Not worth the hassle to me, but that's just me.

Have fun on your cruise.

Yep I agree with Cruzinwoman, they green are rare!!! I have clear, bright yellow, and hot pink, NEVER EVER seen a darn green one!!!

Now I'm on a mission to seek out the green cup next week!!!

Cruzinwoman, if I find the infamous green cup, I'll post it for sale for ya on ebay if you wanna buy it off me...LMAO :D

I don't have anymore room in my cupboard between the carnival drink special cups and the darn "yard" cups from Senior Frogs!!!

All I saw on my cruise were the clear ones. They had 2 different sizes/shapes though. One was your standard shape and one was this really tall one that was sort of skinny and the plastic at the bottom looked like icicles.

I want the colored plastic ones though!:D

I'm sure you could. They are all the same (or have been on all our Carnival cruises).

Do you really want to have to pack and carry them though to save just a few dollars? All you really have to do is just pay full price for the first one and use that cup during your cruise??

How does that work...I've been hearing where you can get your drink at a cheaper price using your souvenor (sp?) glass. What do you do? Just give them you souv. glass and they only charge you for a reg. price drink?

Thanks for any input....We leave Sat.:)

How does that work...I've been hearing where you can get your drink at a cheaper price using your souvenor (sp?) glass. What do you do? Just give them you souv. glass and they only charge you for a reg. price drink?

Thanks for any input....We leave Sat.:)

Once you pay full price for the first drink with the "special" cup (was $6.95 when I cruised), you can refill that cup with the "drink of the day" for a lesser price. From what I've read, though, the lesser price is now set at $4.95. When I cruised, the refill price was only $2.95.

How things change in a year...go figure! :)

i have real glass ones from the festivale from 10yrs ago. i make killer mai tai's in them all the time

I also have my (real glass) glasses from the drink specials from my Celebrity cruise in 2000. They're nice to use at home and I make Melon Balls in them....saves time on having to refill guests drinks so often because they are nice and big!

Melon Balls are great.... 1 part vodka, 1 park Midori, (equal amounts of each so glass is half full of liquor) then fill with pineapple juice, and garnish with a wedge of fresh pineapple on the rim of the glass. My summer "cook-out" guests love them!

i have real glass ones from the festivale from 10yrs ago. i make killer mai tai's in them all the time

I can beat that. I have a bottle of pineapple wine from the Mardi Grau, 1976 for winning the horse race on the so called Lido deck. I'm to afraid to open it now for what may come out.

Stacy--Prices jsut went up this year. Sovernier cup is now 7.75 with a refil is 5.75

Oh dear!! Guess I better call American Express and inform them ahead of time that I'm taking a cruise so if they see some "unusual charges" from out of the country they will know it's just me ordering drinks on a cruise ship!!! LOL :p

I can beat that. I have a bottle of pineapple wine from the Mardi Grau, 1976 for winning the horse race on the so called Lido deck. I'm to afraid to open it now for what may come out.

Ohhhhhh I'd do some research and see what that bottle would go for on today's market...store it up nice and high on a shelf and NEVER let anyone touch it! LOL

I had to chime in that I have a whole slew of different kinds of shapes of the Carnival glasses...from 1991. The brandy snifter style, the drinks of the day style, the mugs... LOVE the mugs!! We still use the glass mugs everyday even after all these years!! The Carnival name and logo is still on the glass even!!

Once you pay full price for the first drink with the "special" cup (was $6.95 when I cruised), you can refill that cup with the "drink of the day" for a lesser price. From what I've read, though, the lesser price is now set at $4.95. When I cruised, the refill price was only $2.95.

How things change in a year...go figure! :)

Thanks Stacy...Wish it was still $2.95........No Such Luck:eek:

Happy Cruising:cool:

Archived