Big, Big, Discount!!!

ricko1

Good for you...now you may be able to afford the bar rates :D.

(OT...I've always wondered why seniors need a discount...at that point in my life I expect to have more disposable income than ever before...what I needed was the "I have a mortgage, a newborn, a car payment, a student loan, I'm exhausted and so desparately need a vacation...discount" But I've never seen one of those ;) .)

Had you already booked the cruise on Connie and whomever you booked with gave the credit back to your credit card? If so, how did you discover it?

i was told when I booked a November cruise on Zenith a few weeks ago that if any discounts would be offered they would be after final payments and they'd honor any. I guess that's what happened to you! Great!

Had you already booked the cruise on Connie and whomever you booked with gave the credit back to your credit card? If so, how did you discover it?

i was told when I booked a November cruise on Zenith a few weeks ago that if any discounts would be offered they would be after final payments and they'd honor any. I guess that's what happened to you! Great!

I booked and paid this off a few months ago. I was just looking at Expedia this morning and I noticed a Senior discount was added for this cruise and CC cabins, so I called my TA and he called X and they applied the discount to my credit card right then and there. I just hope other people see my thread and jump on the discount right away, before it disapears forever..;)

It really does pay to watch the Celebrity Board after booking.On both last years and this years cruises the price has gone down and final payment will reflect the discount..I shared the info with my cruisecritic friends and they too are receiving the discount.

Was the discount on a new booking? Or did they refund the difference between the new rate and what you paid at final payment?

thanks for the info

Refunded the difference after the final payment.. The more I think about it, the more I'm shocked..Go figure.:) :)

Thanks ricko1 for the infor. i will be definitely keeping my eyes open for my trip. I got my april trip discounted in november during thanksgiving weekend and it saved my $600. I thought that the price will only be adjusted up to final payment.

My ta regularly refunds past final payment. Some ta's keep it as part of their commission. It's one mark of a good ta!

My TA said to let him know how short of the total 600.00 we get, so he can send me the rest or credit the money to one of our upcoming cruises.. Really a great guy and pro..:D

Refunded the difference after the final payment.. The more I think about it, the more I'm shocked..Go figure.:) :)
that is surprising; 2 years ago when the prices dropped after final payment for us on the Connie nothing could be done. That was a period of time when I was not an agent: I always thought it was our agent who just didn't care more than Celebrity, but I look at it this way: we were willing to pay the original price, it was a good deal and we had a great cruise. I just didn't go back to the agent again; of course I went back to work so use myself now. LOL

Pleased for you that you have got this discount. I see a lot of posts saying that people watch the rates and then have discounts applied if the rate falls. Is this correct?

I live in the UK and here it is just your luck they say that the prices are liquid and can change at any time up or down. I know that they would never make an adjustment like this no matter what. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have booked for the Galaxy T/A 2 weeks ago and I asked my agent to ask about a Captain's Club upgrade. There was nothing forthcoming so I went ahead with the booking. This is just my 3rd cruise with Celebrity but I did not realise until the other day that my status from RCI would be added. I have platinum status and so I called Captains Club in the UK. They had this info already. I asked them about this but she didn't seem to know.

As I am travelling alone and I had a single supplement I had booked an inside on this occassion but a grade 9 so there is no where to go.

Today I sent an email to Captain's Club in the US I think and asked whether they would do something and that I would be happy to accept onboard credit for the difference in cost. It is not a lot of money about £35 Sterling. We shall see.

Have a great holiday and do enjoy every last minute of it.

Sue

(OT...I've always wondered why seniors need a discount...at that point in my life I expect to have more disposable income than ever before...what I needed was the "I have a mortgage, a newborn, a car payment, a student loan, I'm exhausted and so desparately need a vacation...discount" But I've never seen one of those ;) .)

I think seniors get a bonus for surviving what you mentioned above as kind of a reward. Seriously, many seniors lived on fixed incomes, are unable to work any longer, and have to make due with what they have. There is not much they can do about it at that point so the discounts are fair imo. There are not a lot benefits to getting older, but it beats the alternative.

Tom

When I booked a future cruise while on Century I was told any price adjustments for reduced fare would be made right up until sailing. Whereas travel agents will say they have to ask Celebrity, as if Celebrity will not give them, to discourage you from asking.

These senior or regional discounts are not the same as happy hour (closeout) sales. On the happy hour you cannot get the lower rate if you have already paid in full.

Don't try to compare apples with oranges etc.

I booked and paid this off a few months ago. I was just looking at Expedia this morning and I noticed a Senior discount was added for this cruise and CC cabins, so I called my TA and he called X and they applied the discount to my credit card right then and there. I just hope other people see my thread and jump on the discount right away, before it disapears forever..;)

you said you called your TA and you got the discount mentioned on Expedia. Was your TA through Expedia or somewhere else? We booked thru an agency and noticed the Expedia discount for seniors . Would Celebrity honor it or is the only way you get the discount is by booking through Expedia.

you said you called your TA and you got the discount mentioned on Expedia. Was your TA through Expedia or somewhere else? We booked thru an agency and noticed the Expedia discount for seniors . Would Celebrity honor it or is the only way you get the discount is by booking through Expedia.

I have the same kind o f question: We have just booked a Baltic Cruise with a TA, and after reading this thread, found out via Travelocity that there was a U.S. $400 shipboard credit if booked before Feb. 28. Would Celebrity honor it or is the only way to get the discount by booking through Travelocity?

I just put in a call to my TA to find out if I can still get the discount through her but she wasn't in the office & will call me back on Monday.

When I find out something, I will let you know. Hey, it would add up to $700.00 if Celebrity would honor it.

I think seniors get a bonus for surviving what you mentioned above as kind of a reward. Seriously, many seniors lived on fixed incomes, are unable to work any longer, and have to make due with what they have. There is not much they can do about it at that point so the discounts are fair imo. There are not a lot benefits to getting older, but it beats the alternative.

Tom

Whoa......Senior rate is 55yrs! We aren't out to pasture yet!!!! I still have one in college....

Archived