How long are courtesy holds?

ghdool

I put a courtesy hold on 2 cruises tonight on the CC website and then checked my CC account afterwards to make sure they were listed. Both cruises appeared on the list under the heading,  courtesy holds,  but where it says "book" it shows expires as 5/21. Could that mean anything else other than when the courtesy hold expires? In the past CC only allowed 24 hours. Has anyone else asked for a courtesy hold on CC  and been given a week to decide? Thanks in advance for helping.

If the cruise on hold is for a date many months from now, it’s very possible to have it on hold for a week, and probably also possible to have this extended even further if needed.

1 hour ago, ghdool said:

I put a courtesy hold on 2 cruises tonight on the CC website and then checked my CC account afterwards to make sure they were listed. Both cruises appeared on the list under the heading,  courtesy holds,  but where it says "book" it shows expires as 5/21. Could that mean anything else other than when the courtesy hold expires? In the past CC only allowed 24 hours. Has anyone else asked for a courtesy hold on CC  and been given a week to decide? Thanks in advance for helping.

I noticed the same thing the other day on a couple of courtesy hold I placed. I placed them on a Friday evening. I needed them to last until Monday when my vacation planner was in. They certainly did, and I saw the dates like yours were  a week from the date they were placed.  The only thing was after 24 hours I got an email indicating one had expired, but it still showed active when I checked. I think they are probably being pretty lenient with courtesy holds right now.  

Harris

Denver, CO

My TA said that since it is taking up to a week to get new reservation data fully entered by Celebrity that holds are much more flexible.  With all the cancellations the last thing a cruiselinewants to do is unnecessarily cancel a hold.

Last week we considered moving to an April 21 TA from August 21.  Was given a week to decide.  PS kept August date.

I have a courtesy hold made in April that expires on May 31.  I was on the phone with the Celebrity Rep and he said they were allowing this extra time due to all the refunds in process - understanding that people were expecting to receive $$ from Celebrity before they wanted to commit to spending more $$...