FCC's received (but not applied for) Canadian booking

Mattnvick

Canadian cruisers Has anyone received a FCC without filling in the form on the site?

I received one this morning (our sailing should have been this month) but we hadnt filled in the form yet as we were still deciding what to do.

A little confused.........😏

I've read on other boards that some cruise lines will temporarily put the money into a FCC after the sail date passes even though a refund was requested, until a refund is requested or processed.  Did your FCC include an extra  25%?

1 hour ago, Até said:

I've read on other boards that some cruise lines will temporarily put the money into a FCC after the sail date passes even though a refund was requested, until a refund is requested or processed.  Did your FCC include an extra  25%?

We haven't yet requested anything. Not refund or FCC. We haven't been in touch with them at all.

But to answer your question yes the FCC they sent does include the extra 25%.

Edited by Mattnvick

I am thinking they must have dealt with the backlog of FCC requests and just being proactive.  I mean, there really isn't any option, is there?  There will be no refund option (as per their website), and as the FCC is 125%, then actually providing the FCC and number might make it easier down the line.  You can make your deposit and not apply the FCC until final payment, so this allows you to change your plans if you wish (or need to).

Given the bad rep for MSC customer service, I am pretty impressed they are dealing with it without a 3 hour phone call or multiple enquiries 🙂 

But, if you had wanted to fight them for a credit or have your credit card company work to get the credit back, then their proactivity could be considered a CYA move. I guess you could still try to get MSC to cancel the FCC and provide a credit, but it sounds like that doesn't always go well.

Edited by mef_57

1 hour ago, mef_57 said:

Given the bad rep for MSC customer service, I am pretty impressed they are dealing with it without a 3 hour phone call or multiple enquiries 🙂 

But, if you had wanted to fight them for a credit or have your credit card company work to get the credit back, then their proactivity could be considered a CYA move. I

Im not sure what you mean tbh. I haven't called them or emailed them. I've done nothing but still recieved an FCC.....

Edited by Mattnvick

1 hour ago, mef_57 said:

I mean, there really isn't any option, is there?  There will be no refund option (as per their website), and as the FCC is 125%, then actually providing the FCC and number might make it easier down the line.  You can make your deposit and not apply the FCC until final payment, so this allows you to change your plans if you wish (or need to).

That does make sense in regards to the Canada policy, FCC only since it's basically the only choice for now.  I don't think you can get the FCC converted back to a refund until much later, if at all.

2 hours ago, Até said:

That does make sense in regards to the Canada policy, FCC only since it's basically the only choice for now.  I don't think you can get the FCC converted back to a refund until much later, if at all.

We were told if the FCC wasnt used by 31st December 2021 then you would be refunded. 

16 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

Im not sure what you mean tbh. I haven't called them or emailed them. I've done nothing but still recieved an FCC.....

My impression is that they are just getting business taken care of and as their offer is strictly a credit, then there is no need for you to have done anything. 

What did you think your options were?  Was there really anything for you to decide?

On 5/26/2020 at 8:04 AM, mef_57 said:

My impression is that they are just getting business taken care of and as their offer is strictly a credit, then there is no need for you to have done anything. 

What did you think your options were?  Was there really anything for you to decide?

When a company has many thousands of dollars of my hard earned money and tells me the only option I have after they were unable to deliver the thing i paid them for (not their fault but not mine either!) is a voucher to use with them again in the future. They also tell me if its not used by December 31st 2021 only then would I  get the said money back.

The "strictly credit" is contrary to the terms and conditions in the contract I signed in which they told me specifically to read before making a deposit id say there was quite a lot for me to decide.