Refund from Allianz

catwgirl

For those of you who were successful in obtaining a refund from Allianz because your Viking Cruise was cancelled due to Coronavirus, what did you provide to them to show proof of cancellation / refund?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I received a refund due to a Princess cruise cancelled.

I sent them a press release from Princess saying my cruise was cancelled along with the invoice of the cruise. I also included my Allianz policy #. I did not have a cancellation from Princess (and still don't). 

I sent it to: salessupport@allianzassistance.com  I didn't hear anything back for 2 weeks and then received an email saying my Visa had been refunded for the amount of the policy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman The Cat said:

Interesting...Allianz paid for cancellation due to a pandemic? Travelguard does not. So neither Viking nor Princess offered a refund, only a FCC and you decided to file a claim with the insurance company to get a refund?

Princess is providing me a refund for my cancelled cruise (April) plus a FCC. They are refunding Princess insurance also.

They originally told people if they cancelled before March 12th to file a claim with their insurance but on March 12, AON stopped processing refunds for FCC as Princess was refunding cruises (or giving people options of refund or a larger FCC). There are some cruises before March 12th that have some different rules so check wit them.

Yes - Allianz will provide a refund on the insurance policy as long as there were no claims on the policy. I only received a refund on the cost of my insurance cost, not on the Pandemic or cruise. I had a month trip planned with Princess so my insurance cost was probably $700.

Edited by Coral

I have requested a refund for what I paid for the insurance as it will not be used because the trip is not going to happen. I have not requested for a refund of my cruise because that is coming from Viking. Sorry if I was not clear.

If Viking cancelled the cruise, wouldn't the refund/future credit be coming from Viking, as opposed to filing a trip insurance claim?  Terms Viking has been offering seem better than most.

Unless there is some part of the story I'm missing.......

OK, now I see what I missed.  We had a land cruise cancelled last year.  We had an Allianz policy for the 6 months prior to the trip.  When the trip was cancelled 2 months before departure, I asked Allianz for a 1/3 refund, thinking that was a fair request (1/3 of coverage period was left).

Allianz refunded the entire cost of the policy!  That made me an Allianz customer for life--went way above what I had requested.

• Like 1

Makes sense now...you requested a refund of the premium you paid because the trip was cancelled, not a refund for the cruise!

All insurance companies seem to giving a voucher for a future policy or a refund of the premium paid if the trips were cancelled (depending on the resident state).