Shower shoes

Beachfrog

Ok, here is another silly question from a first-timer. Has anyone worn shower shoes in their private showers on board? I am a bit anal when it comes to clean shower floors and wondered if I really need to worry about how clean they are kept!:confused::rolleyes: Thanks!

Haven't used shower shoes since my sophomore year when I lived on a floor with a communal bathroom. The shower was nice and clean and I didn't feel I needed them at all.

Well, scratch that to say that I did take them to Europe with me last May. We stayed in hostels and had to share bathrooms...eek...

My daughter used to wear flip-flops in the shower when she was in college - and much to her surprise when she was having her luggage searched before getting on a flight - all the "bells & whistles" started going off .... it seems that the soap she used contained glycerin - which was also on the flip-flops from wearing them in the shower. Needless to say, she no longer uses soap with glycerin!

My husband and I both wear shower shoes: basically sandals, his are flip flops and mine are just rubber/elastic sandals. We are both germaphobes and we take them on all vacations. Who needs to pick up some kind of foot fungus? :D Well, at least that's one reason we tell ourselves! Just like I wouldn't walk on the carpet in barefeet. As I said, it's just a phobia we have.

Mary

I always carry Lysol with me and spray down hotel rooms and cruise cabins. I really spray the bathroom good, especially the shower. Don't know if it helps, but it makes me feel better :-) ..... A friend of mine came down with some foot fungus after staying at a hotel, the doctor said probably came from the hotel shower...ever since then I spray with Lysol.

Archived