If Future 2021 Cruise Gets Canceled by Cruise Line

Steve,

If we buy Trip Insurance before final payment and cruise line cancels cruise after final payment, will I get insurance premium back if I don't take any offer from cruise line except full refund and end up doing no travel at all relative to that trip? Please provide answer for both cruise line insurance policy and for Allianz.

Doug

1 hour ago, Bentwaters said:

Steve,

If we buy Trip Insurance before final payment and cruise line cancels cruise after final payment, will I get insurance premium back if I don't take any offer from cruise line except full refund and end up doing no travel at all relative to that trip? Please provide answer for both cruise line insurance policy and for Allianz.

Doug

Hi Bentwaters,

I cannot say what the cruise line does with their plan.

As for Allianz, they have a 10 day Free Look Period where you can get a refund on the policy if you want to cancel it. There's nothing in their policy wording that addresses if they give refunds should your travel supplier cancel.

Allianz says this on their website, but it's only for the COVID-19:

"Customers may change their plan’s effective dates to cover a new or rescheduled trip.  Alternatively, for a temporary period, we are offering refunds for the cost of your travel protection plan to customers who wish to cancel their travel protection plan if the customer’s travel supplier canceled the customer’s trip due to COVID-19, so long as no payable claim has been filed under the plan.  Please call us at the number listed on your plan and we will be happy to assist you."

The only way for you to know for sure about every other refund situation is to ask Allianz.

Steve Dasseos