A Message from Your Azamara Team

Azamara Team

2 hours ago, Azamara Team said:

if a final payment extension is granted due to Covid-19 we will not go by the original cancellation guidelines if booking cancels by guest.

Thank you for your response to the fourth of my points quoted in post #25. 🙂

Just to clarify . . you are saying the information my partner was given is incorrect?

No penalty would be incurred for cancellation at any stage prior to the extended final payment date?

Edited by Baynanno1

Hoping you can perhaps double-check your recent Cancellation emails, Azamara Team.  I just received word that my two Quest sailings, Aug. 18 and Aug. 29, have been cancelled, along with instructions on how to rebook, etc.

The thing is, I did not have any cruise reservations on Quest.  I hope the intended guests receive word in a timely manner...

But, since I have at long last received an email from Azamara (Yay!), perhaps you could look into my refund for the cruise that was cancelled on Mar. 23??  Still waiting...

lol

On 6/15/2020 at 7:17 PM, Baynanno1 said:

It is good to know that someone is watching over us. Apologies for the lengthy four part post, but hopefully someone may be able to provide answers for some questions previously asked and remaining unanswered :

Posted on 5 May (and reposted on 7th June) after receiving a FCC for a cancelled cruise.

Split 33/66 as we had booked a BOGOHO promotion, so as I pointed our some time ago we are a bit stuck as far as using it unless we book another BOGOHO promotion.

I wonder why Azamara is unable (given the circumstances of the issuing of these FCC's) to make them as useable as a cash refund, which has no limitations and is not tied up in the knots of the FCC. ????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on 28th May (and reposted on 7th June) :

Wondering whether you can shed any light on information we were given today when enquiring about "Lift & Shift"

We were told "be careful, because if you have used FCC on the booking, it will be lost when you lift & shift"

Surely that cannot be right???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on 7th June :

As has so well been pointed out in the discussion the thread "Future Cruise Credit - beware the limitations", it will be virtually impossible to use all of any FCC with the restrictions in place.

* One of the most ludicrous being that any residual cannot be used before the cruise on which the bulk was used has been completed. Surely commonsense (I know it is unfortunately NOT common) should prevail . . .

If one had cash, obviously it could be used as one desired . . . and my thoughts are . . .  given the unforseen circumstances throughout the world, FCC's generated as a result of these circumstances should be able to be used the same as a cash refund . . . or indeed the same as the original booking, from one source of payment for the whole of the cruise!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My partner phoned Azamara yesterday to enquire about extension of payment on a cruise for which final payment (120 days) is coming up soon.
There has been some speculation on this site as to whether any penalty would be applied if final payment is extended and the cruise subsequently cancelled before the new final payment date.
Had he not asked the question, he would not have been told that under that scenario he would incur the usual 25% penalty for cancellation between 120 and 91 days.
We both feel very strongly that this information should be made readily available along with the "wonderful offer" of an extended payment date if the information he was given is correct.

Thanks in anticipation of this being read by the "small but mighty team of Azamara employees" and hopefully some answers. ☺️

If a final payment extension is granted due to Covid-19 we will not go by the original cancellation guidelines if booking cancels by guest.

• Like 2

I would like to ask a question about a FCC that I received for a cruise I ended up cancelling that I had book for my daughter. I booked it while on a LCV cruise in Alaska last year. The offer was half price deposits. We paid the deposit and was also told that if we wanted to cancel it would be a charge of $25. This offer was only during the LCV cruise. We booked on this basis as we were not sure if our daughter would be able to join us at that time. Now we have been sent a FCC for $100 stating the rest was cancellation fees. We paid $300 for her booking. This is not the offer we were given and would never have booked her a cabin if we were going to lose that much. Can someone please explain why this should happen. There is a rather long wait on the phone to try and get an answer. We would have also preferred a refund.