Personalized experiences?

Your cruises look so exciting in a slow paced, every moment is a wow moment, way.  I'd love to do this type of trip but I worry that I'll age myself out of being able to go.  What I mean is I might be unable to do many of the activities and expeditions because of walking issues, etc.  How do you manage older passengers that aren't as capable?  Are they not allowed to do some excursions or are there different levels of excursions? 

I'm also wondering about special diet needs.  More than just allergies but low salt or vegetarian or low carbs.  Can diets be accommodated when it's a smaller ship with so few people?

Thanks for being here.  I love having the chance to ask questions directly to the source!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, 

We love this question. The Polar Regions are welcoming to guest who are 8 years and older. The only requirement for older guests is being able to go up and down a flight of stairs, if you are able to do that multiple times a day, you'll be okay with most of our excursions. 

While on landing sites, you'll be able to choose your activity level. Our hiking/walking groups are divided into multiple groups and intensities. If you feel your initial group choice is too slow/fast for you, you can always change your group. 

In terms of our paid Adventure Options such as Sea Kayaking, SUP, etc. We recommend you have previous experience to ensure you make the best of your time out on the water. P.S.: we also have Paddling Excursion as an Adventure Option, you'll head out on inflatable sit-on-top kayaks that require little to no experience. All equipment and PFD's are provided onboard. 

All our menus include vegetarian options. We ask all our guests to inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Our team can also cater to vegan guests, although not as extensively as the regular menu.  Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.

We've included some photos of on-ship & off-ship activities and Adventure Options. Let us know if you have any additional questions! 🙂 

Guests hiking in the Antarctic Peninsula. 
Guests hiking in Antarctica

Zodiac Cruising (included activity)

DavidMerronuntitled-938.thumb.jpg.e58d49d08522e7bf52dd60facaa480e6.jpg

Gentoo penguins walking by guests setting up to camp overnight in Antarctica (paid activity)
DavidMerronIMGL9454.thumb.jpg.a56e6688338ebf23a05ead9091987cea.jpg

Guests participating in the Sea Kayaking Program (paid activity)
425526437_AntarcticKayaking_DavidMerron.thumb.jpg.17dd5de7dad0b0b4bbf5915698220e9a.jpg

Guest taking the Polar Plunge (included activity, image from an Arctic expedition)
polar_plunge_sea_ice_svalbard_acaciajohnson.thumb.jpg.347ab3d2659abc07caa3dbdf76232d4b.jpg

Expedition Team member delivering educational sessions to guests onboard 
franny_bergschneider_presenting_OAD_acaciajohnson.thumb.jpg.534d615b86e61c3f2a647154c770056a.jpg

Guests hiking at Neko Harbour with the World Explorer in the background. 
1154422070_WEXV1-SamCrimmin-9739.thumb.jpg.d5e2e72e6df6e405fdd87f339d56d5a3.jpg

Guest taking in the views from deck while the ship cruise to our next destination in Antarctica
1349877490_ANT19-WEXV2-SamCrimmin-4239.thumb.jpg.3e4d4e28b436ae52ced3daf7fa5bc29f.jpg

Guests and Expedition Leader celebrate a successful day with a toast on one of the main decks.

DavidMerronuntitled-62-3.jpg

Guests on a landing site enjoying the vista and spotting penguins in the distance. 

QuarkExpeditions_port_charcot_general_acaciajohnson_2.jpg

Gentoo penguins! One of our favorites and the most common penguins you'll see on the Antarctic Peninsula

QuarkExpeditions__21A3761-Edit_DavidMerron.jpg

Guest participating in our Standup Paddleboarding Program (paid activity)

DavidMerronuntitled-4.jpg

Edited by Quark Expeditions
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Quark Expeditions said:

Hey there, 

We love this question. The Polar Regions are welcoming to guest who are 8 years and older. The only requirement for older guests is being able to go up and down a flight of stairs, if you are able to do that multiple times a day, you'll be okay with most of our excursions. 

While on landing sites, you'll be able to choose your activity level. Our hiking/walking groups are divided into multiple groups and intensities. If you feel your initial group choice is too slow/fast for you, you can always change your group. 

In terms of our paid Adventure Options such as Sea Kayaking, SUP, etc. We recommend you have previous experience to ensure you make the best of your time out on the water. P.S.: we also have Paddling Excursion as an Adventure Option, you'll head out on inflatable sit-on-top kayaks that require little to no experience. All equipment and PFD's are provided onboard. 

All our menus include vegetarian options. We ask all our guests to inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Our team can also cater to vegan guests, although not as extensively as the regular menu.  Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.

We've included some photos of on-ship & off-ship activities and Adventure Options. Let us know if you have any additional questions! 🙂 

Guests hiking in the Antarctic Peninsula. 

Thanks so much for the detailed answer and the amazing photos!  I wish I could be there now

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Host CMLA said:

Thanks so much for the detailed answer and the amazing photos!  I wish I could be there now

No worries, it's our pleasure. Feel free to send us any additional questions or if you'd like us to put you in touch with our team of Polar Travel Advisers. We are really thankful to @LauraS for making this Q&A happen for us.