Hapag-Lloyd Cruises 10 point plan for re-commencement of cruises.

English Voyager

On 5/30/2022 at 8:13 AM, steamboats said:

@vistaman there should be lots of testing sites in Hamburg. For us an Antigen test is still free (and for those testing sites it´s been a good and big business).

My pharmacy on the other side of the street is still doing tests (although they limited the time frames for testing - currently 2 hours in the morning and 1.5 hours in the afternoon). For our recent trip to Hawai´i we did a test the day before we flew to Honolulu and the morning (8 am when they opened) on flight day. The second test was for the ship. Although by the time of check-in this test was more 72 hours old regarding the time change it was still within the 2 day limit (looking on the date of the test). We also did a proctored test in our hotel room in Honolulu using Testifly.de  but we didn´t show that certificate (this was just in case they said at check-in that our 2 days old is too old). With Testifly you use your own self test (you can check whether the brand is o.k. with them). You take photos with the app and a video while poking your nose and another photo 15 min later. It´s not live but "recorded" and uploaded. Funny thing... as they check the tests between 8 am/8 pm German time our certificate was dated with embarkation day (although we took the test a day before). The price was 9.90 Euro plus the price of the test kit (less than 2 Euro). It´s a bit tricky to place your cell phone so you plus the test kit are in the video while taking the test and some kind of tripod/stand comes in handy. Actually I have a selfie stick which double acts as a tripod. I had this on the table in the hotel room and kneeled on the floor to take the test.

steamboats

Good tip for the name of Testifly.de (the American monitored self-tester I referenced in post 72 was from emed, which Celebrity recommends, but I am not sure if HL honors it).

I am sadly not in well-supplied Hamburg, (where I sometimes am to visit friends) but in the boonies much further south.  If my emed test does not work, I have been instructed in a pharmacy in this village that I can 'go across the street, behind the wooden door, tomorrow, between 9 and 11, and maybe someone will be there who can test a non-EU resident because they are probably not busy lately' (!).   Otherwise, it's off to Frankfurt airport to spend the night and queue to test there at the Centogene line-up with people from all over the world (great place to catch Covid), the day of the very, very long SFO bound flight.