Princess Email

Tina1967

Got an email through from Princess it had a video link in it which when you watch it says when they start back it will be all medallion class. We are booked on Sun Princess on 28th May and isn’t a medallion class ship so wonder if it is getting upgrade or if will have a change of ship. 🤔 Have posted link to video below.

http://movableink.princesscruises.co.uk/p/ap/9c413c9a81d929e5/landing.html?mi_u=8603671258&cid=brand_email_info_internal_190720-sb-dreamwithus_brand

I sure wish they'd be more forthcoming about what their plans are regarding Medallion Class. You're right to wonder if the non-Medallion ships will be upgraded or eliminated from the fleet. Personally we've got a FLL to PPT cruise on the Pacific Princess booked for Nov of 2021 and now I'm worried it will disappear as the feeling I get from the video is that they won't bother upgrading the smaller ships. I hope that feeling is wrong!

I hope this is true. I watched the video and grabbed the screen I believe you are referring to. This can be taken as Sun would get upgraded or the Sun may be gone and whatever ship it is replaced with will have it. 

I am also in the Sun to Alaska in July 2021. I really hope to be on this ship but am worried that with the cut back on fleet, they may cancel these 14 dayers out of LA. Really hoping this itinerary sticks around. 

Update: Just noticed on Wikipedia that the Sun Princess is out of service as of July 2020. I checked news and didn’t see anything about this so it is probably a mistake. 

Edited by bubbapuck
Sun Princess Wikipedia status

It's certainly a video that's also being peddled by some Princess execs (example here), so the authenticity of the video can definitely be verified. But in my interpretation, I think this might be more like the situation of when Carnival suggested they would start sailing from Galveston/Port Canaveral/Miami in August with select ships, leaving the others dormant for the time being. So for this case, I see it as Princess only using certain ships active with MedallionClass technology when they first begin to operate again, which means those without it won't be operating just yet. But I also agree that the message in this video is pretty vague and ambiguous, and well, maybe it could also suggest the old small ships might go away soon. For those who adore them, I do hope not though. 

48 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

Update: Just noticed on Wikipedia that the Sun Princess is out of service as of July 2020. I checked news and didn’t see anything about this so it is probably a mistake. 

For the Wikipedia "ship status" section, don't bother with those. Some people have been obsessed with trying to update minute details for all ships and putting "out of service" (or something similar) simply because cruises aren't happening right now so the ships are technically "out of service" when it relates to guests. But Sun Princess is certainly not "out of service" just yet for all intents and purposes (at least nothing has been hinted yet, of course), unlike others who have been sent to Aliaga for shipbreaking. 

• Like 2