CRUISE & MARITIME.

8 hours ago, Brummijam said:

I am asking because I was thinking of using them as a possible alternative to TUI

It would be nice to think we could ever cruise as we have in the past, don't like the ideas being muted at the moment of age segregation onboard. Has any cruise line posted a reopening programme I don't think so. Think it's still down to a vaccine being discovered. Must be worrying times for all cruise lines. 

4 hours ago, triggerdroitwich said:

Yes we have, we did a Fjord cruise with them in 2017, enjoyed it and the ship ( Magellan ), food was nice, staff friendly, overall was impressed, also got the cruise on BOGOF.

Hi TriggerD.  We have been looking at online vids (YouTube) and were impressed with what we saw, I am pretty sure we would have given them a go but it looks like that's not going to be happening now.🤷🏻‍♂️. Keep well.

3 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

It would be nice to think we could ever cruise as we have in the past, don't like the ideas being muted at the moment of age segregation onboard. Has any cruise line posted a reopening programme I don't think so. Think it's still down to a vaccine being discovered. Must be worrying times for all cruise lines. 

Hi PC. Planet cruise and Iglu are both advertising schedules for later on this year and  next years so the cruise companies must be reasonably confident that they will be sailing again.  Will cruise holidays ever return to how they were? If this virus stays with us I can't see how they can. As you know sometimes the ships were that full finding somewhere to sit in the evenings was a mission and social distancing would be impossible. A vaccine is perhaps the only way out of this.  

10 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi PC. Planet cruise and Iglu are both advertising schedules for later on this year and  next years so the cruise companies must be reasonably confident that they will be sailing again.  Will cruise holidays ever return to how they were? If this virus stays with us I can't see how they can. As you know sometimes the ships were that full finding somewhere to sit in the evenings was a mission and social distancing would be impossible. A vaccine is perhaps the only way out of this.  

Hi Mate i think you are right, when the time is right i am going to cancel the cruise i have booked next June for the U.S we were looking forward to it and for the both of us it was a cruise of a life time, but Hey Ho there is always another time, so going to pay amendment fee of £50 each and have a holiday in Majorca from our local airport.

It must be disappointing to have to cancel but you have to do what you feel is comfortable and right for yourselves. Majorca as an alternative is as good as anywhere there are some great places to visit and see, it’s probably our favourite static holiday destination and the Spanish are always welcoming to us brits.👍

P.S I see our Che is starting to produce the goals for you, He is one quality player in my opinion, a good move by Saints. 

Keep safe.😉

The good thing about CMV was that they had departures from ports all round the UK. 

I was becoming very disillusioned with Marella due to the fact that they had reduced the number of departures from several regional airports and in particular Scottish airports. 

Many of the itineraries we had enjoyed in the past were no longer available from Glasgow or Edinburgh.

In light of the present situation due to Covid-19, when it is safe to travel again and cruises are up and running, Tui / Marella should consider taking over some of the UK. / Ireland / Baltic / Scandinavian/ Iceland itineraries that were so popular with CMV guests from Scottish and North of England and Irish ports.

It would be even better if  passengers could embark / disembark for a particular cruise at several ports round the country for the same itinerary.  After all many other cruise lines do this. 

Marella embark / disembark passengers from Tenerife and Gran Canaria for the Canary Island cruises so why don't they try it for UK itineraries. There would then be less passengers arriving and departing on the same day making it safer at check-in. 

Totally agree Nancy, we have not sailed with CMV but were considering it because of their itineraries.  So sad for any company to be in trouble, as you say Marella could do well to take up a British Isles cruise - we'd certainly  be interested.  I really can't imagine that ships will be sailing full capacity for a long time and a local cruise would be a great start.