Is The Glory Going to Cozumel?

Cruisedogs2

Thanks for asking what I was also wondering. On the Carnival website our itinerary still shows Cozumel for that week, but we are also hearing that Costa Maya will be the replacement port. I'll be glad with anything, of course, but I was really looking forward to Cozumel. Guess we'll wait and see....

Actually, what I meant was, Now that Cole has laid down on his bed)I hope we go to Costa Maya, because Cozumel will not be the same for awhile. I was there last May, and I was able to Snorkel, it was amazing. I am guessing now that a lot of the reefs were destroyed the fish are gone!:( But on the upside, the shopping in Coz is great!

We're going on The Glory on the May 6th sailing. Will we be going to Cozumel or Costa Maya? Anyone know?

CRUISEDOGS

Hey,

DH & I are on the May 6 sailing also. My reservations still say Coz. :eek: but also says 'no tours reserved for port' :confused: We've been to Coz several times, so Costa Maya would be fine with us. Counting the days 'til sailing!

Luv's Crusin'

That's interesting someone was sent a letter - I literally got NOTHING. The only way I found out was when I was filling out my fun pass, clicked on my cruise and realized we not only lost Cozumel - but they were no longer going to Progresso either (with no new port substituted for that). I am leaving on 2/25, so I guess they didn't figure they needed to tell us.

I've not received a letter from Carnival notifying us of the Cozumel/Costa Maya change either.

Tom-n-Cheryl: was that something you specifically requested, or did you just happen to receive a letter? No biggie, just wondering why some would and some would not (get a letter).

Either way, IT'S STILL A CRUISE VACATION and I can't wait.

I've not received a letter from Carnival notifying us of the Cozumel/Costa Maya change either.

Tom-n-Cheryl: was that something you specifically requested, or did you just happen to receive a letter? No biggie, just wondering why some would and some would not (get a letter).

Either way, IT'S STILL A CRUISE VACATION and I can't wait.

Carnival (we always book directly with them) has our FAX # on file. They tend to send us these things "out of the blue". The same thing happened with our Miracle cruise last Thanksgiving - an update FAX that is...

Tom

That's interesting someone was sent a letter - I literally got NOTHING. The only way I found out was when I was filling out my fun pass, clicked on my cruise and realized we not only lost Cozumel - but they were no longer going to Progresso either (with no new port substituted for that). I am leaving on 2/25, so I guess they didn't figure they needed to tell us.

We went to Progresso once (Glory maiden 7-day 7/03) and we were not real impressed. I was actually happy to see that they dropped it - and happier still that they did not replace it with anything. The pace of 4 ports in 4 days is a little much - I love staying up late while having a sea day (or LATE arriving port) the next day!

Our Legend cruise (Thanksgiving 2006) is an 8-day, with only 3 ports... PARADISE!!!

Tom

We went to Progresso once (Glory maiden 7-day 7/03) and we were not real impressed. I was actually happy to see that they dropped it - and happier still that they did not replace it with anything. The pace of 4 ports in 4 days is a little much - I love staying up late while having a sea day (or LATE arriving port) the next day!

Our Legend cruise (Thanksgiving 2006) is an 8-day, with only 3 ports... PARADISE!!!

Tom

:D One of the big reasons that I booked the Glory for my cruise last week was because of the 3 full sea days!

My husband and I are on the May 6th sailing of Glory, and were informed that we would be going to Costa Maya, rather than Cozumel. I have never been to CM, but from the posts, it sounds like it should be interesting.

Noticed you were from Yorktown, VA. We moved from Poquoson to Alexander City about a year ago. I miss the Yorktown Pub!:cool:

Archived