No Body Loves Me!

wizard-of-roz

PHIL!!! Where ya been?? I'll be toasting you on our cruise...what drink do I order?? Scotch makes me gag :eek: .

Hi Dan. I've been away from the boards for a bit, but am trying to catch up. Have a great cruise on Century. After Mexico last year, I am quite partial to a Margarita, so that would be good. Scotch is not my favourite either. Bad experience a few years ago after a night on the beers:eek:

Phil

:p Phil, I've seen your posts (I always look forward to them) and reviews of your trips especially the one about the Mercury. It's because of your review that helped me make the decision to take this ship to Alaska. If I ever get to meet you I promise a big lick from Brenda! Clopaw, we will be taking Brenda off the ship in Prince Rupert, do I need to know anything special? She has all the necessary documentation! Do I need to get a passport for my September cruise to Alaska? I have all the necessary documentation (birth certificate and CA drivers license, will that be sufficient?) I'm not sure if the new laws are in effect yet??? Christine, Hero and Brenda would probably love each other. I enjoyed hearing your adventures with Hero; I hope we cross paths one day. Terry, your hijack was so much fun to read you can do it anytime! Cindy, you would love Brenda, she has 100 commands and can do just about anything I ask her to. She opens doors, closes them, alerts me when the phone is ringing or someones at the door; if someone is walking behind me (she'll tug on her leash), if someone's calling my name she'll bop me on my leg; I use sign language for "what" and she immediatley lies down (that is the signal for someone called my name.) If she needs to go to the bathroom, she sits straight up and stares at me! If my desk drawer is open and in my way, she'll push it closed for me! She carries my mail from the mailroom. She's a miracle! Reader5, your kind words will resinate with me all day! I too, hope that we can cruise together! Danno, what can we say about you? Don't change, stay who you are! I hope to meet you and the drinks are on me! Tuggers, you started it my dear, and deserve to be treated well for it, name it it's yours!:D

Love,

Roz

roz: When you were on Summit, did you take Brenda with you? Did Celebrity set your cabin up with enhancements for deaf or hearing impaired passengers? Here's a quote for you from the Government of Canada, Canada Border Services Agency:

"...

Bring vaccination certificates for pets

Dogs and cats from the U.S. that are at least three months old need signed and dated certificates from a veterinarian verifying that they have been vaccinated against rabies within the last three years. The certificate must clearly identify the animal. If your dogs or cats are less than three months old, you do not need a certificate of rabies vaccination - however, the animals must be in good health when they arrive.

..."

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/newsroom/factsheets/2003/july/visitingcanada-e.html

Phil: I, too, was wondering when I'd see your posts again. Welcome back:)

Danno & Jill: Enjoy your cruise!

Terry

Terry, thanks so much for the good info. I do have all the paper work needed for Brenda. That's the good thing about a "service" dog. In order to keep her certification I must be up to the minute on all her shots, training, etc. We cruised on the Summit with her, in October, they were amazing on what they made available to us and yes, they will provide the appropriate hearing devices, if needed.

I'm lucky; I lip read and I have 30 % hearing on my right side. Just enough to get me by. Not quite enough to take me into every circumstance in life but, thats why I have Brenda! Garrick, I would love to dance with your 110# baby!

Love & Licks,

Roz:)

Hi Roz, you should have an up-to-date health certificate from your state to take Brenda to Canada. They have laws similar to the ADA here, so there is no problem taking her anywhere in Canada. Paul says if you have documentation from your school, like an ID card, take that, too.

When we have stopped at ports where Hero is not allowed off the ship, we always set it up with the purser's desk people to dog sit. There is no shortage of willing dog sitters if you need one! On our cruise to Alaska last year, they called over to the ship from Icy Straits to say there had been a number of bear sightings, and Hero should probably stay on the ship. Other than that, he went everywhere with us including whale watching.

... We cruised on the Summit with her, in October, they were amazing on what they made available to us and yes, they will provide the appropriate hearing devices, if needed.

I'm lucky; I lip read and I have 30 % hearing on my right side. Just enough to get me by. Not quite enough to take me into every circumstance in life but, thats why I have Brenda! ...Roz:)

We've been on Constellation, Millennium and Infinity and I've felt safe on all those ships -- not only because of the equipment they provide for 'alternately abled people', but also because of the awareness of the Staff - from Hotel Director, to Concierge, Asst. Concierge, to Cabin Attendants to the Plant department (and I don't mean green grass:D)

I'm lucky, too. My DH or my DD travel with me, I have a Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) and I've taught myself to lip read -not perfectly, but enough to cope. I haven't yet managed to lip read while using a telephone, though.;)

Actually, it was a good thing I could lip read somewhat. On our 28 day Millennium adventure, my BAHA stopped working on Day Two of the cruise (the Mediterranean portion with lots of tours booked. :rolleyes: Being a rather uncommon type of hearing device, a replacement was not easy to come by. Our TA was on board and he, and his wife, along with the Asst Concierge, Gary, were phenomenal in helping us through that situation. Gary actually arranged for the manufacturer to ship a replacement (loaner) to the Ship's Agent in Naples -- at no cost to us! Is it any wonder that I love Celebrity?

:) A1Moty, you are so right! My day is complete, my weekend is filled with wonderful new friends, what more could a girl ask for? These boards were the answer to my depression! Clopaw, the thought of leaving Brenda anywhere is not realistic for me! She's my companion for as long as she is willing to put up with me! Where I go, she goes! If it's not safe for her it's not good for me! I get teary eyed just leaving her at the groomers or with the vet! When she gets her shots I cry! I've only had her for 4 years, what did I do without her? Thanks again, for the great advice! IM SERIOUS!!....Drinks on Me, anytime, anywhere!:eek:

Love you guys,

Roz

Deal!! I prefer cold beer...Jill likes the silly island drinks...we'll bring along Jib for Brenda. He's quite a handsome Border Collie,,,short hair, looks like he's wearing a tuxedo...still licks himself however, hope Brenda isn't too judgemental :D .

Roz...Brenda knows 100 commands....I am certainly impressed. I would love to get to know you both!

Will you be watching the Westminster Dog Show? It's on next week, Monday and Tuesday nights. Locally, it is replayed the next day, in the afternoon.

Have a great weekend everyone! Cheers! Cindy G.

Archived