? About credit card credit for cancelling a cruise

betmust

I had a cruise booked for Oct. 2020 and awhile back I did a lift and lock to Oct. 2021.

I paid the deposit, insurance and was making some payments on the cruise totaling $1050. I am thinking we may just cancel it.  I know I should get back insurance and payments that were made refunded to my credit card. Has anyone recently  cancelled  before final payment? How long did you have to wait to see it on your card?

Thanks

48 minutes ago, betmust said:

I had a cruise booked for Oct. 2020 and awhile back I did a lift and lock to Oct. 2021.

I paid the deposit, insurance and was making some payments on the cruise totaling $1050. I am thinking we may just cancel it.  I know I should get back insurance and payments that were made refunded to my credit card. Has anyone recently  cancelled  before final payment? How long did you have to wait to see it on your card?

Thanks

Hi BETMUST,

We are still waiting for our REFUND!!!!!We cancelled June30th prior to final payment.AS of today August14th all we have received is $1200 of our $3400 dollar refund.

We were told by our travel agent refunds are given in installments...what??🤨We are not happy.They sure know how to charge our credit cards!!!I am so disappointed in Celebrity.I think it may have soured me towards sailing on them again.We are elite  members and have given them thousands and thousands of dollars over the years.I feel the is horrible customer service.Yes I know we are mid pandemic.That being said they have known more cancellations were coming.Do something about it Please.

Instead they choose to send us emails daily about future cruises ,& new destination .Really?

If I sound frustrated  and disappointed I am beyond belief.

Thanks for listening and Sincerely GOOD LUCK🧡

Hope things go more smoothly for you.

Was your original deposit for the Oct. 2020 cruise refundable or nonrefundable? If it was nonrefundable, you'll get a FCC for the deposit. The extra payments should be refunded  to your credit card...eventually.

Our May 2020 Transatlantic cruise was cancelled on March 24, and the refund was processed in 3 credits to our Visa on June 10, 13, and 17. However, we are STILL waiting for the last $84.46 almost 2 months later.

5 hours ago, betmust said:

Thanks

Cancelled one 2 weeks ago and had the refunded in under a week

On 8/14/2020 at 12:12 PM, betmust said:

Thanks

I canceled August 10th.  I received full refund to my credit card yesterday, so ten days.