Question for UK booked cruises cancelled under CWC

We did L&S on a Rhapsody May 20 cruise to May 2021 . After 3 months of waiting for a correct , price protected invoice and several FB messages to RCI who promised one was on it’s way  we gave up the ghost and requested a FCC under Cruise with confidence .

I filled in the online request on 8th August, got a cancellation invoice , wrong pricing, on the 9th August and then a further cancellation invoice on 11th August showing exactly what we had paid for the 2020 cruise BUT it is showing a penalty charge of £300 for cancelling. confused 🤷‍♀️.

Did any other UK bookings have that first ?  , an invoice showing penalty charges before getting the FCC for the full cruise fare amount and the port taxes and fees refunded to method of payment . 

I am really ticked off with RCI right now like a lot of people . I had been patient for so long and now have no patience left 😡

21 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

We did L&S on a Rhapsody May 20 cruise to May 2021 . After 3 months of waiting for a correct , price protected invoice and several FB messages to RCI who promised one was on it’s way  we gave up the ghost and requested a FCC under Cruise with confidence .

I filled in the online request on 8th August, got a cancellation invoice , wrong pricing, on the 9th August and then a further cancellation invoice on 11th August showing exactly what we had paid for the 2020 cruise BUT it is showing a penalty charge of £300 for cancelling. confused 🤷‍♀️.

Did any other UK bookings have that first ?  , an invoice showing penalty charges before getting the FCC for the full cruise fare amount and the port taxes and fees refunded to method of payment . 

I am really ticked off with RCI right now like a lot of people . I had been patient for so long and now have no patience left 😡

Not RCI but we had the same with Azamara who use the same booking system, we cancelled two b2b cruises and our TA sent a single invoice showing a £500 cancellation charge. We ignored it as Azamara had already confirmed we would receive FCC for the deposit within 45 days, it actually took 60 days but we did receive it and were able to use it for a deposit on a September 2021 cruise. We were also able to apply FCC we received from a cruise Azamara cancelled in March at a weeks notice which surprised us as we didn’t think that was allowed, whether cruising gets back to normal for September 2021 is anyone’s guess.

@Riocca  , thanks for your reply . That is comforting that you got an invoice showing penalty charges but got the full money back . 
Once we get the FCC we will just bank it and book all future cruises last minute , if they ever start up again that is ☹️.
Cheers for the info. 

2 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Yes.

We originally booked through TC and RCL took over the booking when TC went bust.

We had paid £300 deposit for June 7th Allure cruise which we cancelled in April 2 days before final payment with C&A D+ rep using CWC.

We got a cancellation invoice showing cancellation fees.

I emailed C&A last month as we didn't get the promised new cancellation invoice and they did not reply.

I emailed Michael Bayley a fortnight ago  and 2 days later I got  an email showing 2×£150 FCCs and their numbers to use on our next booking.

Graham

• Like 1

@grapau27,   thanks for that Graham . 
We cancelled a USA reservation and L&S a German Travel agent’s  booked cruise. The refunds and documentations  for both came through very quickly.. I feel we in the UK get a very poor customer service which made me throw in the towel. Once we get the FCC we will only book something  last minute in the future .. Cheers.

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

As an addendum we have started to receive credits today on our credit card in dribs and drabs from RCI . Have added them all up and we are missing the transfers we paid for which didn’t appear on the L&S invoice even though I chased them up about it . Another thing to keep an eye on . 
So on a positive note at least the speed of which we are receiving some money back has been quick . Pity they weren’t as speedy with sending out the correctly priced invoice , we may have kept the booking but then maybe not due to the horrendous transfer time due to the change of embarkation port which RCI did not tell us about, only found out through CC.

Thank you for the replies . 

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1