Anything going on in Southampton Friday, August 6, 2021?

phabric

I booked last week for Friday, August 6, 2021 at Premium Inn West Quay,  2 twin rooms at £52.  During this week, price went up to £68.  Today, it shows the hotel is sold out.

Beside ships going out, is anything going on at that time in Southampton?

The only annual event that books out a lot of Southampton hotels is the International Boat Show - but that's mid-September in 2021.

I see no events of any scale in August next year.

But........

1. If a hotel is chosen for a specific function such as a conference or wedding it will book-out sooner than its neighbours

2. Premier Inns offer a cancelable option - booking-out may reflect on event organisers who are over-optimistic about numbers.

And currently a great many folk are cautious about committing - even for next year - because of a certain virus, so cost-free cancellation is the first criteria they look for when booking.

Most hotels still show availability for your date 

JB :classic_smile:

Thanks you your reply, I thought it strange that the hotel would be full within a week.  That is why I purchased refundable up to 28 days of arrival date.  We should know by that date if we are cruising.

9 hours ago, John Bull said:

JB :classic_smile:

JB ... sorry for the hijack. Just wondering if by any chance you own the JB card game? Sure would love to own a set - especially one of the earlier sets that came in a wooden box. Any idea of where I might be able to purchase one online?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Aegias Bowl on the outskirts of Southampton is a prime cricket venue.  If they happen to be hosting a 20/20 cricket game it could be interesting if you’re a sports fan. Unfortunately, fixtures won’t be available until next year.  Games last about 3 hours and are a lot quicker than you might have gathered from trad US attitudes to the game.  It’s certainly more active than baseball in this short format of the game. Google T20 cricket if you want more of an idea.