I got an upgrade to a suite...from an inside!!

Danno

This board used to be so funny but still be able to be very informative. But all the funny people seem to have gone, DANNO is still around occasionally, and rare sightings of NEWTOC, but they've been replaced by the starched 'its OK for us but not for you' brigade telling us the same things over and over again, posting day after day comments that seem to have nothing to do with the thread.

Apparently insulting his wife is his idea of humour, but making a joke about a subject we all enjoy is not funny.

Go figure.

When you said "Go Figure".... I did and here is what I came up with:

What some people see as humour, others do not - there's nothing wrong with different perceptions until it causes anger, resentment, etc. because one person can't tolerate the other's "sense of humour".

A good example is the worldwide issue going on right now regarding a cartoon that has deeply offended a particular segment of society. Sad that so much violence and controversy has erupted from this incident.

Your point is a good one. I think what offended me was that the poster who was sniping at Danno attempted to take over the thread with his own agenda. Perhaps said poster should go on another cruise and learn to RELAX???

As for me, I'm not angry, just in dreamland, contemplating Barcelona to Venice on the Millie!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. My neighbour's daughter had a baby this morning and the world seems so full of promise right now.

Unfortunately what happens with these two gentlemen is their constant sniping derails threads...as they have done again with this one!! What started out as a bit of fun and I think some useful (at least I thought) advice "pick the cabin you want, it's probably going to be what you get"...turned into this mess.

Now that I've found the "ignore" function I can begin to enjoy this board again...the rest of you can tolerate them if you want...and I agree, maybe some of our lost friends would still be here if the had found "ignore"...I'm sure both will have responses, and I couldn't care less :D .

around. I originally booked an inside on the Infinity when I thought I would be going alone. When a friend decided to come along I called the TA to change to a veranda. She called back with prices and the veranda was the same price as the Consierge and she was astute enough to book the Consierge without even asking me. The actual cost to me was the same for the inside alone as the Consierge was going to be with my friend. Sooo, I guess, I did in fact receive an upgrade from an inside to Consierge. Not the same as inside to a suite, but I'll take it.:D

Gee, I just booked a Greyhound bus ticket to go to Sacramento, and when I looked at the receipt , I was actually booked in the Penthouse Suite for an around-the-world cruise! But, being like the typical poster, I'm now going to complain that now, I don't get to go to Sacramento!:mad:

:D

Danno, look at the bright side: if you are on someone's ignore list, it's probably good for BOTH of you!

Andrew

Really...don't worry about it...most here have a good sense of humour :D . And if they find reason to get upset, why would I care??

What i thought was funy was tat u spelt humor rong! Where are u from, Canada?

Danno, I think you just lost that upgrade. There's a new 'sticky' on the board and X might not be happy with the exchange of comments we've posted.

Newt welcome back to the neighbourhood. I've missed your sense of humour. You always add colour to the threads where you post.:D

Danno, if the "green stuff" confuses you, just send any you get my way, and I'll take care of it for you.:D ( Hey, better me than RCL taking it form you without your express permission via conversion fees! )

Honestly, I wouldn't mind "coloured" money, as long as the bills are all the same size! I remember being in both Spain and Italy, and having to look at everything more carefully, because smaller sized notes got lost in my wallet among the big sized ones!:rolleyes: Of course that wass years ago...

And no coins for $1. or $2 ! Coins are called small change for a reason, and I constantly find my self giving away too much money in Canada and England- those darned one pound coins!:mad:

At any rate, happy sail out to you, Danno, and don't let the corporate types at RCL spoil your vacation!

Andrew

At any rate, happy sail out to you, Danno, and don't let the corporate types at RCL spoil your vacation!

Andrew

No chance of that...I'll deal with them after the cruise, if need be...there is no (minor) issue that will stop me from enjoying this cruise.

I like the coins...I always bring some Toonies ($2) along for our table mates...they really are a unique, beautiful coin.

Archived