I got an upgrade to a suite...from an inside!!

Danno

Actually I didn't, but being as I've never had an upgrade I just wanted to see what it might feel like to get one...I've gotta admit, it felt pretty good :p .

Guess I'll have to be happy with my cat 3 aft facing (great cabin BTW).

A bit of advice...pick the cabin you want. In the end it's probably going to be where you end up.

Actually I didn't, but being as I've never had an upgrade I just wanted to see what it might feel like to get one...I've gotta admit, it felt pretty good :p .

A bit of advice...pick the cabin you want. In the end it's probably going to be where you end up.

you know whats funny. I see what your going for on the thread title, the whole shock factor thing. but i did the same thing on another fourm and got responses from people like they wanted to string me up!! glad someone thinks misleading titles are funny!

Of course, a real upgrade would be even better. We actually got one on our first cruise, to Alaska. That's because HAL messed up our dinner sitting, even though we had reserved the sitting more than a year in advance. They upgraded us from back of the ship, low deck, to a lovely cabin on a high deck. Good thing, too. We visited our original cabin, and there was so much engine noise that we wouldn't have been able to sleep.

Why not dream really big, and imagine you've been upgraded from an inside on the Zenith to a penthouse on the Millie.

One of these days I'll get an upgrade...

[Actually, I've had a few upgrades...but they've all been like from one category of inside cabin to another...So my cabin is exactly the same, just a couple of decks higher on the ship]

But I've never gotten a "real" upgrade...You know...like where you book an inside and they surprise you by putting you in a Veranda...

I think those are mythical...

Anyway...Some day, I'll get an upgrade...

...and...

Someday, I'll win the "SuperLotto"...

DAMN, Danno! What a lousy tease you are! Do you have ANY idea how badly I just sprained my right index (left mouse button clicking) finger? I hit that sucker so fast I'm surprised I didn't push the mouse through the desktop! The boss is never going to buy this as a workman's comp claim unless I can prove some sort of repetitive motion injury!:p

...... I appreciate your humor and sarcasm. I think you would be a lot of fun at our Table on my next cruise. After all, we'll never see these people again.

HEADS UP : We are booked for a Celebrity Xpedition cruise in December. There will be about 90 other passengers which is way too many. But if you can squeeze in, I will buy you wine / drinks for the entire cruise and maybe we can kick some Blue-footed Boobies together, eh ?

Had me going there for a minute Danno, I thought maybe there is hope for us "loyal cruisers", but alas no,, enjoy your cruise:) ...Ann

"

We actually got an upgrade (and didn't even know it until the last minute when we told so when talking to a Captain's Club rep by phone a few days before our cruise on an unrelated matter) from a cat 9 to a cat 5.

The only proviso was that we we had to promise not to ever tell some crazy Canadian who occasionally-make that often-suckers us in with his threads:D

Actually, we suspect that the reason we got the upgrade was that there was a group of non English speaking folks who apparently had or wanted a number of cabins in that area and wanted ours for one of the members. We sure didn't complain, as we ended up with cabin 6019, which is likely the largest oceanview anywhere:)

Anyway, there really is an upgrade fairy, although her address and number are unlisted;)

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

This thread is a great attention grabber... so let's talk about upgrades. Once you are a captain's club member you get an automatic one category upgrade. OOH! But only within the same category. :rolleyes: Can anyone tell me what is the real difference between an inside cabin on deck 4 to deck 5? How can there be so many categories within a category? Mercury for example has 4 inside cabin categories, 5 oceanview categories but only 1 each of the verandah and cc category. Why are those upper cabins only 1 category? And why can't you get that 1 category upgrade between inside and outside or outside and verandah etc? That kind of upgrade would be a real upgrade - the other is smoke and mirrors...But speaking of the upgrade fairy, I was blessed once in a big way. I booked a repositioning cruise about 4 yrs ago. Booked an inside gty and was upgraded to a mini suite. Of course, in the 12 cruises since then I've only gotten my original gty cabin or an upgrade within a category. But I think I've discovered a secret about getting upgrades and I will see with my upcoming cruise.:p

Really...don't worry about it...most here have a good sense of humour :D . And if they find reason to get upset, why would I care??

When I read the title of this thread I suspected you were doing a leg pull. It seems you have the time to create threads which are desigined to draw attention to the great Danno humor. At first I chuckled like most that read it and wondered why you were not on your wonderful boat sailing instead of playing mind games with people that come here for usefull information.

I think you crossed over the line with the comment, "Why would I care?"

Caring and needing useful information is why most people come here and those of us who have something useful to share to make things better or try our best.

I have found that my humor falls short in text many times so I understand how bad taste happens. If the hosts think this response is in bad taste then the whole thread should be pulled.

If it is not pulled you will be only the second person that I have on my ignore list. If you don't care why should we?

We always book the second highest cabin rating and as a Capt. Club member get the upgrade. :) On our next booking, we wanted to book a cat. 5, and get a 4. However, there were no cat. 5's available, so Celebrity would not give us the 4 at a 5 price.:mad: We bought a cat.4 anyway. What the hell...we will enjoy it either way.:D

Previous posting

Have you ever been on a cruise with a dog?

Answer from Jukeboxy

Yes But she married me anyway. (whoope don't tell she who must be obeyed that I said that)

I couldn't resist that response to the question.

Tacky mails , talk about stones in Glass houses.

Previous posting

Have you ever been on a cruise with a dog?

Answer from Jukeboxy

Yes But she married me anyway. (whoope don't tell she who must be obeyed that I said that)

I couldn't resist that response to the question.

Tacky mails , talk about stones in Glass houses.

There is a big difference between pointing a joke at yourself in a thread response than threads whose only purpose is to display ones ego. Then to compound the thing by saying he don't care what others think.

So think as you will I am not sour and your quote proves I have humor.

Let the black kettles go for a shine or go sail their boat and not spend all day trying to start threads just to look important.

Archived