Big Ben

Wondering if the refurbishment work is on track and if there is a chance all scaffolding would be removed and work completed by September 2021. We were in London in 2018 and knowing work had begun the previous year, I did not attempt to visit that area. As a matter of fact, we stayed only one night and left the next morning for Southampton. I'm hoping for a longer visit this time, but honestly not even sure we will be ready to travel by September of next year. Meanwhile, our British Isles cruise is booked and fingers crossed that the pandemic has eased. I'm researching and hoping to see Elizabeth Tower sans obstructions and hear Big Ben. Can anyone provide an update? Thank you.

13 hours ago, portiemom said:

Wondering if the refurbishment work is on track and if there is a chance all scaffolding would be removed and work completed by September 2021. We were in London in 2018 and knowing work had begun the previous year, I did not attempt to visit that area. As a matter of fact, we stayed only one night and left the next morning for Southampton. I'm hoping for a longer visit this time, but honestly not even sure we will be ready to travel by September of next year. Meanwhile, our British Isles cruise is booked and fingers crossed that the pandemic has eased. I'm researching and hoping to see Elizabeth Tower sans obstructions and hear Big Ben. Can anyone provide an update? Thank you.

You can sign-up to receive the latest Big Ben updates here:

https://www.parliament.uk/about/living-heritage/building/palace/big-ben/elizabeth-tower-and-big-ben-conservation-works-2017-/big-ben-scaffolding/

6 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

Thanks. Yes, saw that. Looking for a little more in-depth info perhaps from someone living in the area?