Oceania Admin Charges?

Pet

Hi – Regarding Oceania UK’s policy on refund of deposits when the customer cancels the cruise before the Company does so this year.

I had two identical cruises booked with them for 2020, using different TA’s, and cancelled both before the balances were due. Although it has taken some months, I received the full amount of the deposit paid in one case direct from Oceania, but the other refund, which came via the TA, has been reduced by £400 with no explanation. I appreciate Oceania T&Cs state an admin fee of £200pp will be charged when the client cancels before the balance is due, but don’t understand why it was applied on one booking but not the other. The only thing I can think of is that the TA has kept this amount as their admin charge, not Oceania.

Has any UK customer had this experience recently?

Thank you

7 hours ago, Pet said:

Hi – Regarding Oceania UK’s policy on refund of deposits when the customer cancels the cruise before the Company does so this year.

I had two identical cruises booked with them for 2020, using different TA’s, and cancelled both before the balances were due. Although it has taken some months, I received the full amount of the deposit paid in one case direct from Oceania, but the other refund, which came via the TA, has been reduced by £400 with no explanation. I appreciate Oceania T&Cs state an admin fee of £200pp will be charged when the client cancels before the balance is due, but don’t understand why it was applied on one booking but not the other. The only thing I can think of is that the TA has kept this amount as their admin charge, not Oceania.

Has any UK customer had this experience recently?

Thank you

Depending on the length of your cruise, penalties may have been charged earlier than on other cruises of shorter lengths.

Those penalty deadlines are stated on your invoice. So, step one is to compare penalty windows on each cruise.

If you cancelled prior to the first penalty assessment date, you should get 100% of the fare cash you had already paid. If, however, you booked through a TA who directly charged your credit card, it has been reported here MANY times that some TAs (primarily among those outside the US [where the direct practice of a charge by a TA would raise a "red flag"]) have been charging cancellation fees or otherwise delaying/discounting refunds that Oceania has provided to them in a timely fashion.