Pursuit Greece intensive May2021

gymfreak

Although the new Greece intensive cruises on Pursuit for May are available to book on Azamara site they seem to have disappeared altogether from a well known U.K. cruise site. Any clue if these are going ahead? Would love a week in Greece

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Vicki, I'd say that is the million dollar question. Pursuit will be coming out of cold layup to start her cruises. 

Phil 

Phil, I know from my limited knowledge that it is more difficult to be declared fit to sail following a cold layup and I assume it’s not a short process. Will just have to watch and wait !

Vicki

56 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

Phil, I know from my limited knowledge that it is more difficult to be declared fit to sail following a cold layup and I assume it’s not a short process. Will just have to watch and wait !

Vicki

I know the ships are being well looked after just now. It's also dependent on how we get through the winter in Europe and that is of course a big unknown. And what protocols will have to be adopted. 

Those cruises are a great price. I'm just not confident enough in booking them. I need to see how it all pans out. I know it's not the same as a cruise, but I'm thinking land trips to start. I've seen some amazing places I'd love to visit. Just to get away. 

Phil 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I know the ships are being well looked after just now. It's also dependent on how we get through the winter in Europe and that is of course a big unknown. And what protocols will have to be adopted. 

Those cruises are a great price. I'm just not confident enough in booking them. I need to see how it all pans out. I know it's not the same as a cruise, but I'm thinking land trips to start. I've seen some amazing places I'd love to visit. Just to get away. 

Phil 

We too are thinking of some land trips, it’s just the longing to board a ship again!

Having had three cruises cancelled since the pandemic and rebooked one for 2022 then we also need a bit more certainty before booking for next year.

Vicki

• Like 2

Looking at these sailings as well - and have to agree - the pricing is very enticing...

when I went to do a moc booking for sailings in the second half of May the ship was wide open.....

but also agree the uncertainty of what the situation will be here in the US and in Greece come May is preventing me from committing right now.

My wife and I talked about it yesterday and the thought of visiting all those islands (for the first time for us) but possibly not being able to go off on our own if excursions at that time are still limited to ship based ones only would definitely not be something we would want to do - understand completely the reason for it and the need for it so I am not condoning the practice at all - it's just another factor that for us would cause us to postpone cruising.

So much uncertainty.....

Daughter just back from a wonderful week in Rhodes and my sister recently returned from Crete.  The Greeks seem to have been very successful in limiting Covid whilst still providing a great holiday.

We are booked on Journey in April - no idea of course whether these cruises will go ahead - but keeping everything crossed.

• Like 1