Just booked honeymoon cruise any suggestions for a Key west wedding

rwdtgb

Congradulations...

I sailed in Meraviglia last year & really enjoyed it.

One option you might ponder is being married onboard...there is a lovely lounge /bar called SKY LOUNGE  deck 18 w live music...its one of the smaller venues.  On the cruise there were several weddings & I saw one in this lounge( it took place w only the wedding party present)The staff was great...one wedding party ended up in the Pub (that was fun)which also had live music.  Several other couples chose the atrium w the party continuing in the gallerie.

I know many  people would choose to be on land but Oct is iffy in florida, quite hot & humid ..at least on the ship you can enjoy key west as tourists & have everything taken care of for the ceremony onboard the ship...no matter the weather you can wed & sail into the sunset.

Good luck

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rotterdam said:

Congradulations...

I sailed in Meraviglia last year & really enjoyed it.

One option you might ponder is being married onboard...there is a lovely lounge /bar called SKY LOUNGE  deck 18 w live music...its one of the smaller venues.  On the cruise there were several weddings & I saw one in this lounge( it took place w only the wedding party present)The staff was great...one wedding party ended up in the Pub (that was fun)which also had live music.  Several other couples chose the atrium w the party continuing in the gallerie.

I know many  people would choose to be on land but Oct is iffy in florida, quite hot & humid ..at least on the ship you can enjoy key west as tourists & have everything taken care of for the ceremony onboard the ship...no matter the weather you can wed & sail into the sunset.

Good luck

Thank you for the suggestion, We will have to give that some consideration...Tom

Agree - Islands can be hit/miss at that time of year and if ship cant dock,  you lose all - and no recourse from MSC or any ship as contract states, ports can be changed.   

when sailing MSC many times -  saw couples get married in the YC lounge even though they weren’t staying in YC - truly beautiful settings.  Something to consider     

• Like 1