White Island survivor - 60 minutes

The young girl was truly inspirational and I hope the future brings happiness for her.

the helicopter pilots whom raced out there to help should receive bravery medals. True hero’s and a credit to their country.

As for the official rescue teams the call was made to delay the rescue efforts. They did what they had to do with the information that they had at hand. We can all critique after the fact but none of us were there in the moment.

a sad day for all involved including the cruise line and tour operator. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

60 minutes had an update on Stephanie if anyone is curious, it is in the last 10 minutes of the video:

Ep 24 Just Do It, Pause for Thought, The White Island Disaster

She seems to be improving very well, is even doing boxing exercises🤗, very interesting about skin donations, apparently we don't have enough in Australia and have to order them overseas.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:55 AM, Esilef said:

The young girl was truly inspirational and I hope the future brings happiness for her.

the helicopter pilots whom raced out there to help should receive bravery medals. True hero’s and a credit to their country.

As for the official rescue teams the call was made to delay the rescue efforts. They did what they had to do with the information that they had at hand. We can all critique after the fact but none of us were there in the moment.

a sad day for all involved including the cruise line and tour operator. 

To be honest, the helicopter pilots were lucky.  I'm glad that their mission was successful and that they rescued those people but they broke civil aviation laws and it could have gone very badly.  I believe they were among those charged after the eruption.