Be Careful - Check to see if RCI actually cancelled your cruise!

cello56

We recently got an email from RCI saying that they were cancelling our cruise on Explorer for 2/22, but they were going to put us on Radiance on a 'similar' itinerary unless we told them we wanted a refund. I called our big box travel agent and they filled out the paperwork, sent us a new invoice showing the cancelation, and called RCI to double check that they knew what we wanted to do. Checked my RCI account today and what did I find but that RCI put us on the new ship instead of cancelling the cruise and issuing a refund. Had to call our travel agent again and get them to call RCI again and get them to straighten this out. 

So if you are in the same situation, but sure to check and double check that RCI is doing what you actually requested! 

15 minutes ago, cello56 said:

So if you are in the same situation, but sure to check and double check that RCI is doing what you actually requested! 

Of course, it could also be your big box TA who messed up.  That's why I prefer to eliminate the "middle man" and deal directly with RCCL.

• Like 3

I booked our cruise by calling RCI, no travel agent. I got the FOS cancellation email as well for our 11/7/21 cruise, stating I would receive my non-refundable deposit if I cancelled by 10/30. I followed the link in the email and cancelled the cruise on 10/21, and screen-printed the acknowledgement of submitting my request. The acknowledgement said I could expect to receive my deposit within 45 days of cancellation. I *assumed* it had been cancelled. So after I read OP's post this evening, I logged into my RCI account and my reservation is still showing as active. I'm currently on hold with a rep for 15 minutes now...he's talking with Resolutions.