Lisbon tips on what to see and do.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:36 PM, cruisemom42 said:

I'm not personally familiar with any, sorry, as I tend to plan and do my own touring. 

I've also followed your posts on the other thread and while I agree ship tours are not ideal, they may be the best option for you given the limited time you have. I would rate the #28 tram ride very highly and enjoy the Alfama area most (second favorite is Belem) but keep in mind it is an actual operational tram so you can get crowded conditions at times and need to take care re: pickpockets, etc.. I was less excited about the funicular....

Of course if folks go out to Belam they should stop in the famous bakery and sample the Pasteis de Belem (custard pie) which is quite amazing.   One interesting tip about this very popular bakery.  There is often a long line of folks, but they are waiting to buy stuff to go.  You can just walk inside past the lines and usually will be quickly seated (the place is big with multiple rooms).  We were just there in April and everything was completely normal (like pre-COVID).

Hank