Options with 3-5 night dining package

Smiles1984

If I book the 3 or 5 night dining package, can I decide whether a speciality dining venue is counted as a use of this or just pay for it?

Specifically, if I eat at Johnny Rockets, I'd prefer to just pay for it and save my 5 nights for the 'real' restaurants. Can I do this?

4 minutes ago, Smiles1984 said:

If I book the 3 or 5 night dining package, can I decide whether a speciality dining venue is counted as a use of this or just pay for it?

Specifically, if I eat at Johnny Rockets, I'd prefer to just pay for it and save my 5 nights for the 'real' restaurants. Can I do this?

Yes you can. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Smiles1984 said:

Are you on a 5 night cruise? I'm on a 7 night and my options are chops, chops +1, 3 night, and unlimited.

I've never seen a 5 night option.  What ship?

I have had the server ask after the meal wether we want to use our package for the meal (3-nt or 5 nt).  I tell them yes or no depending on our choices for the cruise.  If they give you a receipt to sign, you can tell based on the charge wether they used the package or not by the cost of the meal(s).

We usually select the ones we want and make the reservations when we board.  Never had any issues.  They used to pick a restaurant for the 1st or 2nd day, but lately(5 yrs ago/pre march 2020) it seems that they no longer pre select the first one.  Even when they did, we had no issue changing it to our choice.

Your first day on the ship, go to one of the specialty restaurants and make your reservations for all 5 nights.  You do not have to go restraurant to restraurant, all reservations can be made at one restaurant for all restraurants. 

Later if you change your mind about where/when you want to eat it is easily changable. 

• Like 2