Is Celebrity sticking it to its loyal cruisers?

smdubowsky

My DW and I are Elite Plus members. About two months ago we cancelled our January 2021 Summit cruise out of San Juan and changed it to 2022. There was no problem and the price and perks were the same. The cost  for Aqua Class was around 2K pp and I had several perks including drinks and tips plus onboard credit. Now we are informed that this cruise is cancelled. Apparently no ships are sailing out of San Juan.  The least expensive cruise of equivalent length for January of 2022 is around $500.00 pp more. I understand the financial strain of the pandemic, but in my business we are also feeling it. When Covid 19 is in the rearview mirror, Celebrity might be finding a smaller customer base anyway. These prices will not help.

12 minutes ago, smdubowsky said:

My DW and I are Elite Plus members. About two months ago we cancelled our January 2021 Summit cruise out of San Juan and changed it to 2022. There was no problem and the price and perks were the same. The cost  for Aqua Class was around 2K pp and I had several perks including drinks and tips plus onboard credit. Now we are informed that this cruise is cancelled. Apparently no ships are sailing out of San Juan.  The least expensive cruise of equivalent length for January of 2022 is around $500.00 pp more. I understand the financial strain of the pandemic, but in my business we are also feeling it. When Covid 19 is in the rearview mirror, Celebrity might be finding a smaller customer base anyway. These prices will not help.

Prices listed have been discussed in several threads.  Most posters agreed that the prices listed meant little because we are not cruising, have really little idea as to when regular cruising will resume and there are hundreds of thousands of cruisers with billions in FCCs for the various lines.  Those FCCs have built up a demand for the next couple years.

You also have the new AI system that many do not like - myself included - that makes prices look higher.  As often happens, prices drop closer to sailing date.  

Personally once my FCCs are used we will be looking elsewhere including Royal.

If you cancelled and rebooked I would ask Celebrity or my TA to shift.  Other threads have reported being accomodated.  Just looking at the website says little.  We booked group space with my TA for summer of 2022 at significantly less than the website pricing.

3 minutes ago, tomworldwidewaftage said:

Solstice cruise April 24, 2022 T/P has been removed in the past 48 hours.

But no notice from cruise line to booked passengers.

It is still on the UK website Aqua and Suite class are not available 

Liz

• Thanks 1