Sideways vs regular OV room

nunuc2000

Though I've not stayed in either room on Pacific, I'll offer an opinion based on other ships.  We really liked the sideways rooms we've stayed in, they felt larger somehow with the open space just inside the door, the closet and bath on one end the bed on the other.  Just felt larger than the square footage suggests.  All else being equal, we'd take "sideways" again any time.

Edited by jondfk

1 minute ago, jondfk said:

Though I've not stayed in either room on Pacific, I'll offer an opinion based on other ships.  We really liked the sideways rooms we've stayed in, they felt larger somehow with the open space just inside the door, the closet and bath on one end the bed on the other.  Just felt larger than the square footage suggests.  All else being equal, we'd take "sideways" again any time.

Pacific was not built for Princess and the cabin layouts are TOTALLY different from any other ship in the fleet.

The cabins on deck 6 are a lot smaller than ones on deck 4.  When we were in one of the cabins on deck 6, the twin beds were placed head to foot along one wall.  The second time we were in an OV on the Pacific we were on deck 3 and surprised at how large the cabin was.   I think that there was even a  small loveseat in the deck 3 cabin.  We would choose deck 4 or 3 over deck 6 OVs.

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1