What kind of things can I ask my butler to do?

fluffybunny22

11 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

The bloody Irish,....not a chance mate. 😂👍🏼I’d rather eat the American crispy, salty hammy, cheapy sidey stuff. 😀

So funny!  2 of my good friends, one from UK the other from the Republic of Ireland, dang they had some robust Brexit discussions, was especially "fun" after each had a few pints. 

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

dang

Lol, I have absolutely no doubt!... my mate at work is an immigrant from Dublin,...we have some rather lively banter.  I keep inviting him to go home if England’s beer is so bad,...he’s still here, earning her majesty’s shilling. It’s all in fun... All the best LGW

On 2/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, Redtravel said:

........  He can also get things fixed....sew on a button, ........

When I read this post it brought a smile to my face.  The first story involves a missing button from a shirt.  We

were getting ready for dinner and the shirt i was going to wear was missing a button. I called our butler to see if he had a needle and thread i could use. Within 10 seconds our doorbell rang and there he was with a small sewing kit in hand and a smile on his face. It took me longer to convince him that i could do it myself than it actually took me to do it.  He only relenred when I told him my father was in the RN and had taught me to be self sufficient, and if I let him do it for me the old man would kick my arse when we returned home, because my dear wife would squeal on me.  

The second story involved a different butler, and getting a trecking stick repaired.  I was recovering from a knee injury and was using the stick for balance.  we had travelled for a week before the trip and the tip of the stick was damaged from the cobble stones in Rome.  He picked it up as we were leaving for dinner and it was returned before we returned. I dont know who repaired it but it is still working fine and that was 5 or 6 years ago.

I am convinced there are very few things they will not be able to accomplish.

As others have said we are very low maintenance, but every request we have ever had have been handled in an excellent manner.  i often think they are offended if you don't use them.

• Like 3