How does HALs free air work

ighten

It says a 350 credit so is this a voucher I use to book my own flights directly  or do I have to arrange my flights through HAL -- I tried a mock booking for Norway but it gives no indication how it works.

The former sounds like more than enough credit as Amsterdam is literally a  45min flight of which there are many available- the latter sounds like they would just charge you more than the £350 for the same flight so it becomes no offer at all.

A couple of things I have found.

It is usually "up to " an amount, in your case 350.

It must be used with Flight Ease

It is split between the two "legs" of the flight, so 175 per leg

It can't be stacked. If you have more than one booking you still only get one air credit.

If in doubt, read the t&c's!

Must be booked through Flightease.  Remember that not all flights will be loaded into the systems yet.  Hopefully more flights will be added as travel increases again, post vaccinations!

Free Air is based on Promo(s) JX/HT. Featured fares are per person based on double occupancy and include Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses.  Offer applies to select 2021 Northern Europe and Mediterranean Cruises; Transatlantic cruises are excluded from this offer. Air Credit offer is available on select economy flights booked through Flight Ease. Free air is available when the air credit of £350 covers the total cost of all flights. Where flights are in excess of £350 an additional cost will be required to cover the remaining amount.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if they still do this, but (at least 10) years ago, HAL was offering a promo with air included. I asked--via my travel agent at the time--what the fare would be without the air, as I was using my own frequent flyer miles. I was quite pleased with what I was quoted and booked it. It's worth asking if you don't need the air.

TIP: I can't find the original posts (perhaps it was prior to the forum upgrade?) but I do recall others warning that once you book with Flight Ease, to be careful about doing searches while logged in. More than a few have had their bookings inadvertently canceled this way.

All the Best!

I've used HAL's "free air" offers before. They work great with the restrictions those above have mentioned, and the Ts & Cs. Just book your flights through FlightEase and you receive the indicated credit on your air price. The base flight pricing was the same whether or not I used the free air. The promotion ties to one booking, and if you or they cancel, the promotion doesn't automatically roll over to a future booking.

• Like 1