Will this work for a formal Princess night?

sassystyxfan

The dress (with a black satin sash), shoes (black satin - they have white on them too) and purse (6 1/2" x 3 3/4" - I love tiny purses!) are all satin. I also have a little, black, 3/4 sleeve bolero that's satiny. Thoughts?

Well, the dress and purse didn't work - so I'm sending the links:

http://www.whiteandblack.com/store/productchoose.asp?PID=300104042

http://www.shoebuy.com/sb/s.jsp/r_ss/d_AdultF_Dress/p0_3412/b_4-0.82905-1.2-10.8-12.75039/sh_D/p_29/st_40079/sbstl_40079

http://www.coloriffics.com/showcase/catalog_prod_det.asp?div=5&dpt=&ctg=&PROD_CD=HB717

silk dress.bmp

1067052733_satinshoe.jpg.8423394f9bbdcfd58e2814e32fe2ed2a.jpg

satin purse.bmp

I've on the Caribbean Princess twice and I think that is perfect. I myself was surprised range of dresses on formal nights on Princess. I was expecting ladies dressed up more, but most of what I saw was a spectrum of cocktail, tea and floor length dresses. That outfit is adorable. you'll be stunning.

Here's my dilemna...

I tried on the dress, but now the shoes and purse won't match. The dress is ivory not white. SO - I thought I would go with black strappy sandals to go with the black silk bolero and black sash on the dress. Or should I go with ivory shoes? I'm thinking I could wear the black shoes with my other formal night dresses too. What do ya think?

I love the dress and think you will look great in it, as it's my Fav store! But, I do not care for the shoes. I would opt for a black more stappy and smaller ( meaning in size of heel not height) heel shoe. I think the one's in the pic are too chunky and not as sophisticated as the dress is. Just my thoughts. I don't want you to get a smokin' dress and go wrong with the shoes. :)

Have a great cruise.

yep...those would be THE one's to wear! you knew just what I was imagining! That would be GORGEOUS with your gorgeous dress.

There is a dress they have in their store that I want right now, just for a casual dinner night...waiting for it to go on sale, but typically when they do they end up being out of my size, so thinking of biting the bullet and buying it! WH/BM is my FAV!

Is it the one that's strapless, sweetheart top and lace hem? If not, you gotta see this cute dress! It's so tropical looking in a classy way. I saw it after trying on the formal dress (on the way out of the store). Thought I would get it online. It was displayed with a little white cardigan. Anyway, they aren't showing it online so my girlfriend went back to the store and bought us both one. I paid WAY too much money for it and the cardigan too, but what the heck!

I love the dress and black strappy shoes you posted!! If you look at my thread "My dresses for formal night" you'll see the shoes!! They are comfortable and easy to walk in. My feet are average width.

That's it - I have to try these shoes on. Which means I have to go back into that store. Which means I'm prolly in big trouble! I LOVE THAT STORE! Anyway, LOVE the pink dress in your thread! And my girlfriend that is going with us on our next cruise bought the champagne dress. It is SO cute on.

Thank you, everyone, for your help. This is the best category (Cruise Fashions) ever.

sassy --

The dress is lovely. I will tell you I didn't like the white shoes. :o The heel was too chunky for such a flowy dress, IMO. You have already discovered white shoes don't work with your ivory dress. The black strappy shoes are cute but I don't think they will look good with the dress; they are too severe for such a soft dress & will be glaring against the ivory.

Since you are going shoe shopping anyway, :D , please consider ivory or gold / champagne strappy sandals something that conbines the clean lines of the white shoes with the narrow heel of the black shoes.

Enjoy your shopping trip & cruise.

I really don't want to get ivory shoes because I want to wear the same dressy shoes all three formal nights. I think with the black bolero and black sash that the black strappy sandals will tie it all in. No? Am I way off base here?

These are glittery, satiny

ninaf147143_79798_lg.jpg

Anyone have a good Plan B for wide feeties?

Yes, buy C width shoes.

Stuart Weitzman makes alot of evening shoes and he makes shoes in A, B and C widths.

You can buy them on Zappos.com or in stores like Sak's, Bloomingdales and perhaps Macy's.

Jane

Archived