Locally Handmade Christmas ornaments??

Cruising Kinder Teacher

• 10 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 8:51 PM, Cruising Kinder Teacher said:

My husband and I are planning to be cruising in March (we hope!) I always look for Christmas ornaments when we are on vacation, I prefer locally made ones when possible.  Does anyone know where I should look?  Also in Belize if anyone has a suggestion for there too?

If I remember correctly, Roatan had a very pretty plaza area at the port with permanent vendor stalls with actual handmade crafts.  There was one large stall that guaranteed that all were made by local vendors, and had little signs with photos and stories about them.  There were many holiday ornaments for very nice prices, especially considering the artistry.  I think we bought some painted tin ones!

On 12/31/2020 at 9:51 PM, Cruising Kinder Teacher said:

My husband and I are planning to be cruising in March (we hope!) I always look for Christmas ornaments when we are on vacation, I prefer locally made ones when possible.  Does anyone know where I should look?  Also in Belize if anyone has a suggestion for there too?

In Roatan, besides the port shopping area, you can also look in West End, look for the Waves Gallery.

In Belize, assuming you are tendering into Belize City, the craft mart across from the cruise center would be your best bet.  If on NCL and docking at Harvest Cay, there might be somethings there, but outside best is a ferry to Placencia.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:45 PM, Travelgrrl said:

If I remember correctly, Roatan had a very pretty plaza area at the port with permanent vendor stalls with actual handmade crafts.  There was one large stall that guaranteed that all were made by local vendors, and had little signs with photos and stories about them.  There were many holiday ornaments for very nice prices, especially considering the artistry.  I think we bought some painted tin ones!

We'll be in Roatan and Belize next month and will look out for these stalls, thanks!

• Like 1