Ocean Village??

ckrobyn

Just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone has ever heard of a cruise line called "Ocean Village" ?

This ship was docked next to us in St.Thomas and I had never heard of it before. It was a smaller ship and I think I saw somewhere written on the side of it, that it may have been from the U.K? In any case, I'm curious about it because I had never heard of it before.

Anyone have some insight?

Ocean Village are British and are aimed at 30-50s. They offer a freestyle type of cruise - no dress codes and open dining.

Their slogan is 'crusing for people who don't do cruises' - whatever that means!!

I've never cruised with them - we like the dressing up and more traditional elements of cruising.

However friends have and weren't that impressed - they described it as 3 Star cruising and not great value for money.

That said, everyone is different and they don't sail empty so they must appeal to lots of people too.

The link to their website is:

http://www.oceanvillageholidays.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=497

Loved hearing about your cruise - and seeing the photos!!

Ellie

xx

I believe that they are using re-branded, old RCI ships but I don't which ones they would be. They are less expensive than the large companies but I have had friends who have been a couple of times and felt that they were value for money.

Ocean Village is owned by the Carnival Corporation and they are using a former Princess/P&O ship. They cater to the UK market.

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.co.uk/

Island Escape is the old RCI Viking Serenade - been there, done that. We had great food and entertainment while on board. It was a cheap way to find out if we could cope with an inside cabin for future cruises. Did a week in the Med with a week in a 3* hotel in Majorca, half board, for £600 including flights. Bargain ! No complaints at all.

Some friends did a week on the Ocean village in the Med., last year and loved it.It was their first cruise and wanted to find out cheaply if they would take to it. Needless to say they are now hooked on cruising and have booked to go on the P & O Oriana at an exorbitant price !!!!

We just love RCI :D

as a footnote , ex-Celebrity's Horizon will be cruising with Island from the spring under the name Island Star after a major re-fit. I think I am becoming a cruising nerd.!!:o

Archived