Getaway Oct 2022

Steff79

The Getaway has October 2022 a gap with about 16 days between the cruise from Copenhagen to Southampton and the next one from Southampton to Rome.

Last dry dock was 2019, so there should be no dry dock. Do someone have some Informations what she is doing? will they add a other cruise there but to what Destinations?

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

seems nobody heard something?

Hi Steff79 and greetings from snowy Chicagoland!  We sailed with you on the 14-night Norwegian Fjords & Scotland itinerary immediately following Getaway's last dry dock.  I've finally gotten around to working on our photo album from that cruise.  Looking back at the photos is bringing back such fond memories with exception of the two missed ports.  I hope you are doing well in Germany, as we all await a hopeful return to cruising!

I don't have an immediate answer to your question regarding the two-week gap in 2002, but I do remember reading or hearing something about that gap.  I will give it some thought and will be sure to post an answer when/if memory serves.  I know you're active on the Leonardo thread, so I'll jump in there if I lose track of this thread.

All the best.

- Khristine - 

• Like 1

Hi, greetings from Germany. That cruise was awesome, sadly NCL didn´t offer this cruise again ( with a big ship before Baltic season). I would book this cruise again ( we were early and iceland was empty )- I have Photobooks of all my cruises too. Nice to watch them at this bad times. Miss cruising very much ( had booked the Escape and Anthem last year, both canceled )

Funny thing, my last cruise was a Winter cruise to Norway with Aida Cara last February. The first port should be Hausgesund and we missed it because of bad weather ( was a heavy storm between Germany and Norway ) . So i had two cruises to Hausgesund and missed it both time. But Norway in Winter was awesome and i saw Polar lights.

Edited by Steff79

Such irony that you've missed Haugesund twice!  Like you, we would cruise the identical itinerary again too.  I've never been much for the mega-ships, but I thoroughly enjoyed Getaway and all she had to offer.  

You were lucky to get that February 2020 completed.  It sounds like an amazing cruise especially with the viewing of the Northern Lights.  I hope to see them and no better place than Norway.  Our last cruise was a short one on the Sun in December 2019.  We splurged on an Aft Penthouse, which was money well spent looking back.  Like you, we've had some cancelled cruises.  We have 4 booked, and I'm starting to become concerned with those.  We are booked on the Joy in November, Breakaway in March 2022, Dawn in June 2022 (British Isles) and a TA on Epic in December 2022.  

Our original plan was to book the Leonardo build for her first TA in late 2022, but I'm not sure what that timeline looks like with delays.  I follow that thread, but I just haven't posted over there.  

I miss cruising too.  I miss seeing reviews and active threads to read on Cruise Critic that are of substance outside of Covid.  Perhaps we'll be on a future cruise together.