CruiseFirst ?

JayS

In the letter cancelling my April 2021 cruise there was this paragraph:

· A $150 discount + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a $150 CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, we
will match it with an additional $150 discount. For CruiseFirst terms and conditions, please visit https://www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst.

My emphasis. 

This is the first time I remember seeing this term. All the Cruisenext certificates were $250.

Is this something new or did I just missed it before?

CruiseNext is the term for the older program of purchasing discounted deposits for future cruises while onboard a current cruise.  CruiseNext still exists, but since cruises haven't been going recently, no one is directly buying new CruiseNext discounts.  I assume NCL will continue selling CruiseNext when cruises resume.  You can currently redeem existing CruiseNext discounts for a cruise booking.

CruiseFirst started more than a year ago as a program to purchase the discounts when not on a ship.  It first started as an email offer sent to passengers a few days/weeks after they got off the ship from a cruise.  During Covid, they have been making it a web-offer...which is what you have found and linked in your posting.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

CruiseFirst only usable on cruises paid in $. And you're not allowed to combine CruiseFirst and CruiseNext. And our cruise consultant told us, there is no "double up" on CruiseFirst, only one to be used at a time.

I booked a 2022 cruise a few weeks ago for our first ever cruise. 

When I called to put the deposit down they told me about cruise first so I bought one, they matched it and I saved $150 on our deposit. 

Edited by ShellieB
Fixed an error
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
44 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I tried searching for an answer to this, but can more than one cruise first certificates be used for the same booking? Or can one be used for each passenger on the same booking?

If you book a suite or Haven room, you can use two certificates at one time combined (for both passengers). You can't use more than two total. 

Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...