Rank Your Top 5 Itineraries

stickey_mouse

- 14 day Hong Kong to Singapore

- 11 day Sydney to South Pacific Islands

- 12 day Western Med from Barcelona

- 10 day Alaska Vancouver to San Francisco

- 11 day Mexican Riviera

Love this thread. It keeps my hope up for my upcoming late September cruise to the Greek Islands so long as I get my vaccine prior to my June 16 final payment.

Like others, I find this a difficult question -- there are so many memorable cruises.  Many of our favorites would not qualify because we have become addicted to longer cruises.  That being said:

2002 -- 14 days from Mombassa to Cape Town on the Marco polo preceded by a 2-day safari and including a full eclipse while we were in the Indian Ocean.

2004 -- 7 days[?] r/t from Ushaia to the Antarctic Peninsula on the Marco Polo.  We were able to go ashore on Zodiacs to get up close and personal with the local wildlife.

2018 -- 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Prinsendam for Christmas and New Year's.  We took both children and all of the grands.  It was the last time we were together as a family until Xmas 2020.

2009 -- Black Sea portion of the Grand Med on the Prinsendam.  We were on for the entire voyage, but this portion was the highlight.

2011 -- Grand Med on the Prinsendam.  Again, we were on for the entire cruise and it is hard to limit this to one area.  Northwestern Africa was so different from what we experienced in 2002.  And this was the year of the Arab Spring -- Cairo was so deserted that we were literally the only tourists in the Egyptian Museum [which was surrounded by military vehicles].

Fun thread!

1) Baltic  - 12 nights Dover to Stockholm on Regent Navigator with Amsterdam, full transit of Kiel Canal, Warnemunde, Copenhagen, Tallin, 3 days St Petersburg docked on the Neva in the city center, Helsinki and ending in Stockholm. Truly a magical experience from beginning to end. 

2) Alaska - 14 nights round trip Seattle on HAL Amsterdam. Fantastic itinerary with near perfect weather and great glacier viewing at both Hubbard Glacier and Tracy Arm Fjord. Glad we went in 2019 as this itinerary may not be back for many years!  Food and service were a notch above my previous HAL experiences and the EXC guide Jeanette (lifelong resident of Alaska) added some great local flavor to the EXC presentations and was always around the ship engaged with guests.

3) Tahiti & Marquesas - 14 night round trip Papeete on Regent Paul Gauguin.  South Pacific with style!  From waterskiing in Opunohu Bay on Moorea, to the rugged beauty of the Marquesas and the friendly welcoming smiles of the locals, this was a truly unforgettable experience.

4 & 5)  Spanish Transatlantic(s) - 1Nights Barcelona to New Orleans in November and 16 nights New Orleans to Barcelona a few months later in April both on the Serenade of the Seas. These two sailings gave a great blend of Spanish and Portuguese ports - Cartagena, Malaga, Cadiz, Lisbon, Ponta Delgada, Tenerife and Funchal.  Beginning/Ending in Barcelona is always a treat and we were able to couple the spring EB sailing with the opening weekend of New Orleans Jazz Fest.  Both sailings had a large number of the same crew, so it was a nice “homecoming” when recognized by them. Also there were numerous repeat faces amongst the passengers. Serenade is a great vessel for numerous sea days with her near wall to wall, floor to ceiling glass in almost all public areas and a gorgeous Solarium and plenty of live music and entertainment options. 

• Like 2