Visiting Newfoundland

FISHHOOK1

We were there, Saint Johns, Newfoundland, Sep 98 on Royal Princess, and took an "overview" tour of the city.

Looks like it might have been scenic, but truth is, it was so foggy when we were there, we couldn't see more than about 50'.

On ship, both entering and leaving, the horn (whistle) was blowing every 30 seconds. It was that way from Greenland until after we left Newfoundland.

Hi Fishook,

Great to read that you'll be aboard the Constellation TA this September. Come on over and join in the fun (and information sharing) over on the Roll Call thread. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=192462&page=60

There's a great group of your fellow Cruise Critic members, some 150 of us at last count, involved in this message thread. So, come join us.

CM

hi, on such a short trip to newfoundland, doubt if there will be time for a fishing trip. mainly sightseeing, but you can do a tour outside the city to a fishing community. there are local boat tours there (usally to see whales and bird, but the whales will be gone by sept) fresha water fishing is too far from where you will be docking. It's a huge province, takes over 10 hours to drive from on side of island to other, and that doesn't include the mainland portion (labrador). if you list any other interests, will be glad to help out (it's my hometown, and i'll be cruising on the connie myself next month out of nyc)

Thanks canadarose: Looks like I will leave my fishing rods at home. Will be seeing plenty of whales, walrus, seals, otters and eagles when my wife and I go to :D Alaska in May for four days of fishing. I also like to try to fish in diffferent places that we get a chance to visit, but sometimes that is not possible:mad: ..

Hi Fishhook1,

Hey, guy, haven't seen you on our message board thread yet. Come on over and join the roll call fun!

Just click on the link I provided up above and you'll be on the thread. Post a message there and introduce yourself to everyone.

Also, don't forget to register with Cruise Critic and Celebrity for the "Celebrity Connections" party that is held aboard ship. You'll find that link at the top of this page, on the right.

Looking forward to September!

CM

Archived