Visa Card

Bcshur

Hi everyone, 

Perhaps someone could kindly advise, I have a visa Royal Caribbean card with a boat load of points accumulated on it. After 5 years from your last cruise you start to lose some points every month you do not travel. It’s been 5 years for us as we had two children between then and now. My question is, will they start taking those points or does anyone know if they are revamping that policy due to actually not being able to cruise? We have enough points for a free cruise and then come and I just want to ensure we’re not losing and being penalized when we can’t travel due to the pandemic. 

Any input would be great! 

It is not 5 months since your last cruise. The points start to come off 60 months from the month they were earned.

ETA - The points have nothing to do with the dates of your cruise. It's all about when the points were earned and when they are redeemed. You could book a cruise now and use the points to pay for it. That would keep any further points from "falling off" the account.

Edited by cruiseguy1016