Final Payment Due 2/17 for 5/3 sailing

OceanZena

1 hour ago, DAllenTCY said:

Carnival offered to delay my final payment only 3 days.

Now Feb 14th for sailing (maybe) May 15th.

David

Call again.  I had my final payment for my May 8th cruise pushed out to March 25... it was Jan 24th, which is 45 days before the cruise.  I'm feel'n 100% sure that May cruises will be cancelled.

• Like 1

Everyone has a different story regarding their bookings on Carnival.  I also have had my share of re-booking, FCC's, OBC's, etc.  I have a B2B booked departing from Miami on October 23, 2021 on an 8 day Carnival Freedom cruise and my second week is a 6 day departing on October 31st.  I received an email from Carnival advising me that the first week of my B2B (the 8 day cruise) might, perhaps, maybe will be cancelled.  I asked for a deposit refund but they refused.  My balance isn't due until August so I have time and when the due date arrives, I will call Carnival and ask for an extension if they haven't cancelled the cruise by then.  The email stated that the ban on 8 day cruises might be lifted by then so we're playing the waiting game like everyone else.

6 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Call again.  I had my final payment for my May 8th cruise pushed out to March 25... it was Jan 24th, which is 45 days before the cruise.  I'm feel'n 100% sure that May cruises will be cancelled.

I wonder if Carnival is catching on to what we're doing and purposely shortening the extension dates now. If so, that shows they're playing the same game we are and trying to hold on to the deposits. I hope i'm wrong in that speculation as I feel it's just evil of them to do if it's true.

(Yes I know Carnival is a business and they have to bring in money and blah blah blah---but that should NOT be our concern at this time. If people booked sailings before Covid hit, or placed deposits down many months ago thinking Covid would be gone by now, they deserve to have their deposits given back with no questions asked. Their regular contract rules saying deposits are non refundable should be suspended during this unprecedented time and until Covid is over. (if it ever will be) Other lines are doing it, and so should they imo. Sorry for the rant.)

23 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

Carnival offered to delay my final payment only 3 days.

Now Feb 14th for sailing (maybe) May 15th.

David

Edited: I just saw your post that your final payment date was extended into March.  

Edited by Silent Penguin
didn't see newest post

Reporting back, I called Carnival today to see what my options are. The Customer service rep was very friendly, nice and considerate. I was only on hold a couple of minutes until she got on the line after choosing payment questions. I was told I could move my final payment that was going to be due February 14th to 45 day's from my cruise date, which is May 15th. I asked about changing my cruise to next year, she looked up pricing for May 14th 2022, I can change to that cruise for the same price, no extra fees and won't need to pay my final payment until February of 2022. I opted to move to next year, I am uneasy about taking a cruise this year, we may not be able to get the vaccine in time, if and when they do resume cruising this year, neither of us is in the category that qualifies at this time. I feel better knowing I won't ave to pay right now, and I can see how things play out. Appreciate the original Post that stated this topic. Thank you to everyone here that helped me make my decision.

• Like 3

My biggest concern for my booked cruise is that this will still be the case. I need to at least have test cruises underway to even know if I will be willing to cruise under the new conditions. Carnival stock is trading well, someone must think we will be cruising before end of year. 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:48 PM, pamesacruisin said:

It seems what I'm hearing is Carnival is waiting to cancel cruises until after the final deposits are due.  That way they get more $$ to hang on to for a while longer.  Then they hope folks will take the FCC so they don't have to give a refund.  Our final deposit isn't due until early April for a July cruise.  I certainly don't want to tie up any more $$ for them to just cancel.  Not sure what to do if April 1st comes along and our cruise hasn't been cancelled (yet).  Would I hang on to that wee bit of hope and pay Carnival a couple more thousand dollars in case it's a go?  They've already got over $3000 from me because I took the FCC from last years cancelled cruise.  This new cruise is more expensive and they did not roll over my deposit.  Smart game they are playing because if they cancel and I accept the FCC again in order to keep the $600 OBC per cabin, they now have over $5000 of my money.  

I've had 2 cruises cancelled by Carnival and both were cancelled before final payment. My last rebooking is for July 2022, didn't trust rebooking anything for 2021.